spec st2 clutch boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spec st2 clutch boom

Since I had twins this year, and another kid last year, time has been hard to get. One morning I got a reckless driving for pulling out too fast into a 40 mph zone (cut off a cop) that I ended up with a cwf. Since then I took the car off the road.

Today, I went out bored to try to do a burnout in the driveway and it seemed like it was working. However, the only thing burning after initial wheelspin was the spec clutch. What a crappy clutch. This is my second stage 2 kevlar. It only had 10 k miles on it. I put a new one in when I installed the mfactory lsd unit. I might part out to put money into my vw which has backfiring flames in the carbs. the 9:1 bp engine has 85k miles on it.
    sigpic
    -BP-VF10-FMIC-2.5 Magnaflow-Eibach-Tokico-Megasquirt II-Zeitronix-

where are you located??? please update your information
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Hmmm, I have had excellent luck with my Spec stage 1+ so far. I'm making more power than it is rated for, and it has held up just fine. Drag racing, flat shifting, big long burnouts...still grabs hard. Maybe there is some other issue that is causing yours to fail.
      Tyler has spoken

Comment

Is the flywheel new or resurfaced? A flywheel with a lot of build-up could shorten the life of the clutch pretty easily.

Comment

yea if the cars been sitting it could be

seized brakes
          leaking rear main seal
          pilot bearing issues? idk
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

ive had two spec clutch's fail also. and sadly there the only clutch's ive ever had fail. even stock OEM replacements havent failed on me. when it comes to mazdas, i stick with the southbend clutch's now. great clutch's that take everything ive thrown at them. you literally couldnt pay me to install a spec in one of my own cars anymore. there not worth the cost of shipping.
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

the flywheel was resurfaced before the install. I did 1/2 the break in miles on #1 and full break in miles on #2. The pic below is what it looked like after clutch 1. (28 kmiles) Clutch 2 (8 kmiles) is in the car still.

sigpic
              -BP-VF10-FMIC-2.5 Magnaflow-Eibach-Tokico-Megasquirt II-Zeitronix-

Comment

ive been happy with both specs ive owned (stage 2+ on an N/A motor and a stage 3 on a 300whp motor) both are still holding up and showing no signs of going out. ive heard of some people having to adjust the pressure plate, maybe that was your problem.
                88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
                00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
                00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

i dunno man. spec's just seem to be pretty hit and miss. the owner (adam) of North West Rally Sports showed me a spec stage 3+ that had the disc shatter off of the hub, was on an imprezza that he was working on. after seeing that, i think imma stick to my exedy.
                  loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
                  73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X