Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

powder coating in the south florida area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

powder coating in the south florida area.

For those of you that don't know(I think only spenone knows LOL) I do powder coating at my place of work. I do it during lunch or after hours. They have a decend size oven so I can do anything from a bolt to intercooler piping. Im very reasonable with my prices, and I do pretty good work. Most 4 cyl valve covers I charge $45, for one solid color with polished letters and I can have them done within 2 days. Yes I do the work during my lunch and I only have one hour after work, but Im very picky and do to that fact, if the part you need coated is very time crucial, please don't aquire. Not to brag but you can judge my work by looking at my car. Thank you guys. Here are some pictures of some of the work I've done. Hope you like them.

sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Looks awesome. I may have a few things for my car soon. And I know the mx3 could use some more shiny parts
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

FE3 needs a chrome-ish valve cover
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

nice! Next time I'm down that way I'll have t drop a few things off to get coated.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Very nice work!
          94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
          lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
          Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            FE3 needs a chrome-ish valve cover
            the chrome powder coat is actually a coat of gloss black then the chrome...I have it whenever you ready...
            sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

How much to do the front and back valve covers for the KL? and also would u be willing to do the intake manifold?? Ide want it all in the chrome-ish

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
              1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
                How much to do the front and back valve covers for the KL? and also would u be willing to do the intake manifold?? Ide want it all in the chrome-ish
                Sorry i took so long to reply. If you wanted any other color, I would charge you $50 for the covers, and $35 for the intake. the reason I say any other color is because the chromish finish is actually a 2 stage coat. 1st I have to coat it gloss black let it cool, reheat than chrome it. So in this case Best I can do is $70 on the covers and $45 on the intake. My advice; I know the chrome looks nice but i notice over time it looses its shine, Other solid colors don't. Whatever your choice may be, You wont be dissapointed in my work. Thank you
                sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

please educate me why you must give it a base coat black???
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

please educate me why you must give it a base coat black???
                    I don't know the technical reason, but the chrome pouder coat requires a black base to get anywhere near a chrome look. The glossier the base, the better the chrome finish looks. I have coated parts without the gloss black base and the color looks closer to a silver or a dull chrome. I can always do any parts without the black base, but the finish is not my favorite.
                    sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

we'll have to speak in the near future about parts to be coated. expect me to get ahold of you after the 21st of the month.

i want my valve cover chromed for sure

Comment

we'll have to speak in the near future about parts to be coated. expect me to get ahold of you after the 21st of the month.

i want my valve cover chromed for sure
                        No problem, I would love to take part (even small) of that project of yours.
                        sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

how much to do a set of wheels in black? Not for me but a friend wants to refinish a set of black 18s
                          Frank
                          92 EGT
                          03.5 MSP
                          05 ZX-6R

Comment

Originally posted by 18sOnAiR View Post
                            how much to do a set of wheels in black? Not for me but a friend wants to refinish a set of black 18s
                            Sorry i took so long bro, I can do them between $250 and $300. Depending on the design/ polish lip or no polish lip.
                            sigpicBACK TO SQUARE 1

Comment

polish lip I believe
                              Frank
                              92 EGT
                              03.5 MSP
                              05 ZX-6R

Comment

Working...
                              X