No announcement yet.

How to remove stuck CV shaft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The slave cylinder piston probably fell out of the cylinder housing. If the cylinder was working properly before, then it is probably still fine. It just needs to be put back together and bled.

Comment

You are correct sir, the tranny I got someone had cross threaded the bolts and they needed new bolts and some loctite, I also noticed that when you drive the car for a while and the car and exhaust heats up it starts smoking, now the car was driven with a blown engine and turbo apparently for some time and this happened then as well but everything has since been replaced and everything looks healthy, is it possible that the exhaust is filled with so much crap from the previous happenings that when it gets hot it just starts burning off, I have only driven the car 30 mins since the swap and I have to drive it to school and around tomorrow, worried about hte smoke getting worse and the cops coming after me in my james bond GTX

Comment

Disconnect the cat from the DP... let it idle... still smoking? If yes... it's not the build up in the exhaust. Although... build up in the exhaust can definitely happen and can take awhile to clear.
        /Craig

Have a wonderful day! I hate you!

Comment

She is mint now, ran it for a while did some highway runs at midnight, it hasnt done it recently and runs great super happy and ready for the snow to rally!

Comment

nice to hear. you arent too far from me either, i will keep an eye out for sideways gtx this holiday season.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
            2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
            Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Working...
            X