December 2010 ROTM - CaymenEGT91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 2010 ROTM - CaymenEGT91

And Decembers winner for ROTM is CaymenEGT91. He has been trying to get it for a while now. Congrats on finally winning.

CaymenEGT91

I bought this car from Kris after being out of a BG/EGT for about 8 months. Kris bought it to rip it apart for the BP/G-series, But I convinced him the car was too clean for that, and offered him almost $1000 more than he paid. Thats how bad I wanted it after I drove it.

2 weeks later I brought it home, and slowly started doing the normal maintenance, new clutch and a new diff in the G-series that popped as soon as I got home. The car is exceptionally clean & rust free. I got it with 74k Original miles, and even the receipt for its 1st oil change at 1600 miles, still in the glovebox.

Suspension, wheels, Intake, and Short throw were done first, as I was fairly undecided as to what to do with it performance wise. My mind was set on a ZE swap, even having put a deposit on a K8 MX3 for a donor car.

Before I could even get a chance to finish paying for the MX3, Deathtrigga (Who had my 1st BPT EGT) Called me and told me he was scrapping the EGT, I offered some $$ for the turbo setup and a week later went to New Jersey to pull everything off of my 1st EGT.

I came home with my old setup top to bottom, FMIC/piping, exhaust, dp,etc. Nothing was changed. Within 2 days I had enough work caught up @ the shop to start doing the install.

Over the course of 3 nights, I pushed the car in the shop and put it on the lift after hours and got right to work with the help of my brother in law and a few beers. The Engine bay was also cleaned up a bit, stripped of power steering, Air conditioning, and all related lines/hoses. The goal was Boost for my Birthday, and it ended up being so!

After some time on the dyno @ work, and tweaking of the VAF, The end result of 200whp/222wtq was achieved, 4whp and 3tq more than the 1st one.

The car ran excellent for a while but the clutch was overpowered and slipping under high load. Thanks to RielDeal, the car is now running a Spec Stage 3+ Disc with an ACT Pressure plate which came from his EGTR.

I added some Drag DR-21 wheels (Enkei RPF1 replicas) that I feel really set the car off, even with the suspension being raised a bit for winter. Now I feel like its complete.. til its warm enough to work on it again!

Future Mods will include:
    Tints, Ksports, Custom Ramhorn manifold, Turbonetics 60-1 Turbo, 5 lug conversion, MFactory LSD and fresh red paint.

Thanks to all those who helped me out to make this happen, Deathtrigga, Rieldeal, Trailrider098, and everyone not from CP... Luis, Gaz, Danny, Manny, Dave,

Engine
    • BP05 engine (Stock, 80k when boosted)
    • BP26 Manifold/IHI VJ20
    • BP26 ECU/Injectors
    • 27" x 5.5" x 2.5" FMIC
    • 2.5" Charge piping
    • TurboXS RFL Blow off valve
    • Jacobs Omni-Pak Ignition
    • HKS "Shroom" Filter
    • Tuned U-code VAF
    • Corksport Downpipe
    • 2.5" Mandrel exhaust
    • Thrush Muffler

Drivetrain
    • Stock G-series
    • Spec Stage 3+ Full face Carbon Metallic disc
    • ACT HD Pressure Plate
    • Stock Flywheel
    • B&M Short Throw Shifter

Suspension
    • KYB GR2 Struts
    • Dropzone Coilovers with 300f/450r spring rates
    • Suspension techniques front/rear sway bars

Exterior
    • Original 20yr old paint!
    • Drag DR-21 wheels, 15x7 40 offset.
    • Black strips painted in bumpers/side moldings
    • LOWETGT RMM Replica grille

Interior
    • Momo Steering wheel
    • MX6 Shift boot
    • Protege5 Shift knob
    • Protege center console
    • No Name Boost gauge
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Nice job man.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Congrats man
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Thanks guys, 2 red BPT EGTs this year!

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
        MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

grats! super clean!
          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

good job.

Comment

Great car. Great story. Congratulations!
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

congrats on the win tino!!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

grats. very sexii
                  1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                  Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                  "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

About fkn time lol. Congrats. Good to see you came through with the b that happened a while back to becoming a top notch member here
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Grats

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Congrats and very nice EGT. It certainly brings back memories of my own!

Comment

That first pic makes me want an EGT. That is a sexy ass car, prefect amount of black and gold to go with the red. Well deserved win man, congrats.

Comment

Congrats! You got some nice pics!

Comment

congrats man on the last rotm for the year. well deserved
                              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                              X