k code help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k code help

ok so i wanna do the k code swap and i have the u doce guts in th k code body swapd over everything but the gear.

i counted the teeth from there the spring hooks onto that nub and counted like 32 teeth on the u code and did the same on the k code but it still spews out blue smoke. so i turned it 5 clicks ccw like ive read and it stil does blue smoke.

can someone help please?
    she may not be pretty, she may not be fast. she may not always get me from a-b but damnit shes all mine.

I thought you had a b8?? Anyways you want the spring out of the u code put into the k code. The k's is much stiffer. And make sure all of your solder connections are bent back down and making contact. Then lean it clockwise. Which means start with the flap loose and tighten the flap down until you have a good idle. Its kind of a drive and tune cause you don't have a wideband. That is the best way to tune it or use a volt meter.

Hope this helps. I failed my first time cause I didnt switch the spring. Switched it out for the U spring and it ran perfect.

Comment

ok so i need the spring then alright well i guess i have some jy digging to do. and i have the 1.8 dohc. so thanks for the help yeah all my contacts are good i just thought i could use the sproket and everything so i need to mark the gear on the k code before i take it out swipe the springs out and but it back to stock teeth then turn it 5 clicks ccw. got it haha ive tried to do it like 3/4 times thinking ive had it and it was a fail.
      she may not be pretty, she may not be fast. she may not always get me from a-b but damnit shes all mine.

Comment

ok so i got the u code sprinf in and got it set right and now when i first start it it idols fine then when it warms up it goes to crap it almost dies and it wont idol stedy it went from 347rpms to 1300 when it idols and it dies on me like 3 times today it gets so low the check lite comes on and i dont know what to do i messed with that sweper arm and it didnt help.

Comment

Working...
        X