Car shakes at 100km

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shakes at 100km

i own a 00' protege es 5 speed 1.6L had it for 2 months 89,000 km and i was going up the on ramp to the highway i hit 100kmh and the thing started to shake like crazy but it runs like a new engine under 100kmh and stoped it idles nice could someone give me an i dea of whats going on. plz i need help it sucks going 80-90 on the way to work .

I'll offer up some help, could be your tire pressure, your alignment, or any specific part of your suspension for that matter.
    answer: have your tires/suspension checked.
    If teh problem persists then i would offer a different cause... I may be way off but your motor may be mounted loosely, or somethign to that affect.

anywho I'd ahve to drive the car to give you a defenative answer, because there is a major difference in teh feel each of those "shakes" would give you.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

Do you have an intake. There were some complaints about this with the injen CAI w/the 1.6 engine.
      2000 DX, Blue
      Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
      2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

nope i have no intake! would the springs cause the extreme shaking? if not ill go check the tire pressure. let me no asap so i can get this **** fixed.

Comment

hummm howabout almost bald tires whould that do it to?

Comment

Originally posted by smoomz
            Did you make any panic stops recently? You might have a bald spot on one of your tires.
            Also try cleaning any snow/mud/sticks out of the inside of your wheels. My friend had snow packed in his rims, and the car would shake violently at speeds above 50 mph. It took us two hours to finally figure out what was happening.
            Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
            Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

might want to try having your tires aligned.

Comment

Originally posted by ProtonPants
                Did you make any panic stops recently? You might have a bald spot on one of your tires.
                Also try cleaning any snow/mud/sticks out of the inside of your wheels. My friend had snow packed in his rims, and the car would shake violently at speeds above 50 mph. It took us two hours to finally figure out what was happening.
                This happened to me last winter. I took it into the dealer and the cleaned out the ice behind the rims and brakes and all was well.
                2002 Blackmica P5
                CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

park your car underground or in a heated parking lot.
                  since you guys are getting ok weather this week.. go take it to a "do it yourself" car wash and clean out the wheel wells REALLY well.
                  it's just snow and **** in there.. i got it REAL bad last year cuz i had **** all-seasons on my car. parked it underground for a day, and it was fine.
                  it's caused by spinning your tires in snow, shoving snow in ever nook 'n cranny of your wheel well.. struts, springs, rotors, pads.. everything gets covered in salt 'n snow making everything offset itself.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                  RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                  MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yup...it's definitely the snow.

Comment

yes sir thats was the prob put new tires on it all season never fixed the prob so i went and spent $7 on the car wash do it yourself on took it to the high way an vula its beetter thanks boys!

Comment

BINGO! Uneven wear will also do it. Your alignment may also be causing your tires to wear uneven, so I would get it all checked out.
                        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                        Groundkit

Comment

its a damn mazda,,,,,buy a honda

jk, also check your shocks.
                          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I got the same things append to me this weekend. I parked my car in the snow (2-3' high) when i came back home from school, next thing i know, my steering was going crazy when hitting 100km/h. Went to the water washing things, clean the wheels and all the area around it with warm water if you can, and it should be gone..seeing that you are from n.b. i assume you got a lot of snow too

Comment

What are you doing driving on bald tires in the snow any way?
                              2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                              KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                              Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                              Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                              X