Low Idle!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Idle!!!

So my friend changed my brakes for me and we had left the keys in the ing. for awhile... The car was off but the little lights were on. After we changed them the car wouldn't start because the battery was dead. We tried starting it up with a starter didn't work got a new battery and work but the idle is now extremely low when I stop the car.. I heard this is somewhat normal but my has not stopped. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Normal idle speed for your car is 650 to 750 rpm. Are you getting a malfunction indicator light (MIL)?

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

No nothings coming up. Basically when I stop it goes to 0 then 15seconds after it goes up to 650 to 750

Comment

a quick fix could be to disconect then reconect the battery to reset the ecu, it could also be a dirty egr valve but your idle will be more up and down i.e. go from nothing shoot up to 1500ish then down and sound like you're reving the engine

Comment

Working...
        X