P1195 CEL code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P1195 CEL code

In hopes of fixing my hesitation issues I finally got the car to throw a CEL code. Went to Autozone and had them read it. Its P1195 and according to them its a MAP sensor. So I went to the junkyard and pulled one from a 98(same exact one according to the ID numbers) and reinstalled on mine only to have the same CEL again(after reset of course). Does anyone know if the boost sensor solenoid valve will cause a CEL and hesitiation? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by DCU1976 View Post
    In hopes of fixing my hesitation issues I finally got the car to throw a CEL code. Went to Autozone and had them read it. Its P1195 and according to them its a MAP sensor. So I went to the junkyard and pulled one from a 98(same exact one according to the ID numbers) and reinstalled on mine only to have the same CEL again(after reset of course). Does anyone know if the boost sensor solenoid valve will cause a CEL and hesitiation? Thanks in advance!

Yes it will.. Its possible an egr problem will as well.. vacuum leak possibly... the code most likely points or a voltage problem though, so make sure your referance voltage and ground are good.. if they are good you can scope the the signal voltage and make sure its changing when us use a vacuum pump to apply vacuum.. if thats good you can idle the car apply power to 1 terminal and ground to another terminal on the boost solenoid and make sure it switches.. you'll know cause you should have manafold vacuum flow threw the boost solenoid when its turned on..

Comment

Thankyou for your reply. I do have a vacuum pump so I will try that and check my connections and will post my results!

Comment

On most fuel injected engines the MAP sensor is used to determine manifold pressure to help modify the injector pulses. On old cars with carburetors when you mashed the gas the butterfly valves opened up allowing more air in...more air = acceleration and more air = more gasoline needed. On some cars the MAP sensor also is used to test for EGR flow since pressure will drop momentarily if the EGR is working (all other things considered...it's usually a test done a constant speed/pressure).

High pressure = low vacuum and low pressure = high vacuum.

On our cars, however, the MAP sensor does nothing more than test to see if the EGR system is working. If either the EGR is faulty or one or more passages are clogged up then the MAP sensor will return a fault. Usually the worst place is on the back of the intake manifold where the vacuum tube connects to the solenoid and eventually the MAP sensor. The small port gets plugged up and voila...the test fails.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Today I will test and remove the egr and clean it. Hopefully that fixes my hesitation issues.

Comment

Today I tested my egr with a vacuum pump following the service manual. According to the service manual, when vacuum is applied the engine should run rough or possibly stall. When I hooked up the pump to the egr I couldn't apply vacuum because the egr vacuum port was leaking vacuum so I assume the egr is bad. I will try to get to the boneyard and get a replacement.

Comment

Working...
            X