This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW G.I. thread rules ***effective 3/4/11***

Till we can organize a better set of rules for these type of threads im limiting there use to 2 scenarios:

junkyard spottings
    system ie whole motor, turbo on the car part outs

all other threads will need to comply with the original FS rules within 24 hours unless they have contacted a mod and said mod has made an exception.

im leaving this thread open for discussion so we can get some feedback from you guys.

the goal of our for sale rules has always been to balance user safety and free market practices.

also remember that our FS secton is used by all of our members NOT just our core members who know how to spot a scammer.
    Last edited by MD323; 12-25-2012, 07:27 PM.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

bumping this for our afternoon crowd
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

Makes sense to me. So a "GI" thread will be approved by a Mod before it's posted. Everything else stays the same more or less.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Basically
        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

good idea. seems like there's been a lot of "i'm just goiung to put this up to see who will buy it" posts lately.

Comment

Good idea. It was only a matter of time before someone got burnt.
            1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
            1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
            2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
            1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

A well-reasoned formulation.

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Sounds good to me. I don't understand why there have been so many GI that should have been FS threads anyway.
                Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

Yea, there were quite a bit of them. I can understand if its items are in storage, or the buyer just ordered them in the mail and doesn't want the future item...things like that....but the "I can't find my camera" line shouldn't cut it lol.
                  -Jack

Comment

im down with that...

Comment

Im with ^^^^ Sounds like a good idea!

Comment

bumping it again since sticky'ing is not enough....
                        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

ya idk where to even post this for people to see it better...maybe make the title all capitals?
                          -Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                            ya idk where to even post this for people to see it better...maybe make the title all capitals?
                            maybe we can change peoples signatures to a link to the rules
                            -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                              maybe we can change peoples signatures to a link to the rules
                              LOL, that sounds good. Would be a lot of work, but funny. Then they would have to redo their signature afterward, maybe that would make it stick......

Only other thing I can think of is, the GI thread is only good for 24-48 hours, after that it's closed or invalid and they must create a FS thread. That way they can gauge interest, after that they must create the FS thread if they actually want to get buyers and sell it.
                              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                              X