Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add me to list twice in 2 weeks.

car = 90 awd protege
    set-up = dohc bp,gtx ecu,460cc injectors,rx-7 vam tuned,t-bird supercoupe (supercharged ones)ic modded,gtr intake, 4wire tps,homemade log manifold .42/.48 t3 16-18psi

motor 1 was from a egt i bought for parts, was going to use the motor strickly for mock up for the turbo stuff, then just desided to run it, well 3 years later it went first 2 years was as 10-12 psi last year was 18psi.
    driving home after work on the hwy and a semi pulled infront of me and i had to slow down, was kinda pissed go i grabed 3 and punched it hit fuel cut and heard a noise,let off the gas and drove home, next morn when i started the car i heard and ticking noise,thought i might luck out and be something in the top end,car ran fine even under boost, but had a knock.
    rod number 2 slightly bent.

motor 2 was from a nother parts car i bought, had 167,000 miles and new head gasket from the p.o.
    same set-up as before, got the car back on the road yesterday, well today did a little ripper 2nd and 3rd pull and boom, 2 holes in block 1 big chunk hanging and hole in the oil pan, did not get to look at the back of the motor, so im not sure how that looks, but will see tom.
    Last edited by ryan1; 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Hey look on the bright side, at least you didn't blow the transmission! Those are harder to find!
    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Damn that sux. Sorry to hear. Hope its back on the road soon
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i will just leave it untill late summer and get it ready for next winter, i will pull out my turbo egt and drive that when the snow melts a little more,plus im working on a nother project foxbody fairmont that needs finishing before spring.
        5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

someday i have to come up & visit, take a look 2 all of your projects
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ooh, fairmont! we had one, a '78 or '79, when I was growing up for a little while. At the time I didn't like it, but I'd LOVE a nice one now, knowing what I know. I think a 2.3T/T5 would frickin' be heinously awesome.

Comment

the fairmont is getting a 5.0 and 5 speed 8.8 rear, with be fuel injected on a megasquirt and next year will get a powerstoke turbo i have laying around and i will just flip the headers and build a homemade turbo set-up, but since money i kinda low it will be n/a this year

for now thought its getting a bunch of susp. stuff,and sandblasing all the susp. parts, i already did thru the floor subframe connectors, welded up all the seams on the torque boxes, reforeced the torque boxes, welded all the seams on the stock 87-93 k-member (wider than the 79-86 ones) and boxed the control arms,ect,ect there a lot more like dual piston calipers,5 lug convertion,tucking and shorting bumpers and stuff like that. the biggest pain is sand blastin all the stuff.
              maybe i will post some pics when its done. that plan is to build a budget protouring style car.
              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

sorry to hear about the carnage! 2nd time sounds real messy lol
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                X