i just don't get a break now do i....:cuss:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
    I would not have cut the crankshaft, but its not my block.

Post #25 of your build thread, sorry mate!

It is NOT your machine shop.

The BP is an amazing engine, there are plenty and I mean plenty of BP block in the 11's with intact cylinder head and engine block.

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post
    I have thought about it many times and in fact taken the crank to machine shops willing to pay for the job to get it done.

Each and everytime I bring up the idea, again and again I would here the same thing. The BP crankshaft/ engine block does not need to be messed up with. Everyone would tell me to leave the crankshaft alone, put some rods/pistons, get it balanced, follow specs, torque and put some serious boost and call it a day.

I would bring the crank to the shop and always the conversation would end up the technician showing me a car that is pushing 30 psi day in day out with the CS untouched, just some rods/pistons and serious boost.

There are plenty Mazda 323 with BP doing 10 and 11 with stock crankshaft on full body platform, no 3/4 chassis or fiberglass parts, and with untouched completely stock cylinder heads, just boost and a good tune.
    Post #28
    Last edited by psiturbo; 05-22-2011, 08:48 AM. Reason: JDMPOWELOL

Comment

Working...
    X