No announcement yet.

323 BF from South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE your cars. I wish we could get those bumpers here.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

We can make a plan for you.........
      mazda stands by you

Comment

The holes are the same I had my sa friend take some pics a few years back, it's only the mounts and crossmember that is differnt I made my own mounts for the fe was pretty simple will upload some photobucket photos for you tomorrow
        FE3 POWA
        1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

thats a nice start.
          Should I find out about the std crossmember & mountings pricing?
          mazda stands by you

Comment

Cross member you can get at the agents, it is the engine mountings that are the problem, I had to get my custom made up for me.

Comment

i am waiting for the head to be finished, got 300zx valves, b18 valve springs and retainers, but the retainers need to be modified to fit the 300zx valves,
              waiting for that to come back, before i start with the engine block, got a few ideas how to over come the oil issues, spoken to a lot of people, but i have got all the parts wiseco pistons, forged con rods, there are quiet a few 2.2 motor running here in South Africa, making big power Schalks motor makes 560kw on the back wheels, so it is possible to use the diesel crankshaft.

Comment

I heard that the old 626 cross member might fit with the FE motor.
                My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Valve and retainers

Guys

i managed to get my Nissan 300zx valves and Nissan 300zx Cotter, and Honda B18 retainers machined. Nobody here in S.A wanted to machine my retainers, so the retainers fit the valves, here are some pictures of the valves and retainers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good to see all the South Africans also joining the clubprotege forum now!
                    Some pics of my car on this site as well: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49822
                    Last edited by chris323; 05-23-2011, 05:18 PM.
                    Current:Mazda 323L 1988: http://www.mazdaownersclub.co.za/vie...hp?f=35&t=4928
                    ZOOM-ZOOM, FOREVER.

Comment

Originally posted by chris323 View Post
                      Good to see all the South Africans also joining the clubprotege forum now!
                      Some pics of my car on this site as well: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49822
                      Hi CHRIS323,

lol, I just recent became aware of this forum, but enjoy it very much so far.
                      I'm also a member of the MOCSA forum, but not a very active one at the moment.

Cheers
                      mazda stands by you

Comment

Hi MAZDA guys,

Its been a while since I did something on the BF.

So I came across a other build thread, from MAZKAM, where he explain how he made his rear Tie Bar. Since I dont have a welder, and I wanted to make it a little different, but I was skeptical that it would work how I planned.

So here's my Tie Brace:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	S7001250.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	1227729

I thought Satin Black is a nice color since it wont be seen in anycase, untill.....

Name:	S7001253.JPG
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	1227730

Now it looks like it was there in the first place.

Name:	S7001254.JPG
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	1227731

and back on the ground again!

Name:	S7001256.JPG
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	1227732

I tested the car on saturday, and the handling felt much better. Even when my wife drove it, she said that theres definitely a difference in the handling.
                        So, I thought you guys might like the info and report back.

PS
                        I must still set the date on my camera.
                        mazda stands by you

Comment

Looks good Adin! It came out really nice.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Yeah man, it really came out well. It almost look as if it was there as factory fit....lol!!

I must admit this is causing other problems now. Since the brace was fitted my fuel consumption have gone up..........

............I think the harder and faster cornering speed got something to do with that........LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this new brace!
                            mazda stands by you

Comment

I might have a cool brake upgrade for you in a couple of weeks, BMW E36 front disks and calipers. Someone over here is fitting them so I will get all the info of the mods once he has done it. I know you need to re-drill the disks to 4x114 PCD, and the BMW and the BF Mazda caliper both have a hole space of 120mm so we will see how it goes. I think you need 15" rims for it to fit. I don't think it works with the GTX knuckles yet as the mounting ears are a bit longer, but I want to try something similar with mine using 17" rims.
                              My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

How did you do the ends like that?? It came out really nice

Comment

Working...
                                X