No announcement yet.

323 BF from South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to know that my rear lower tie bar build was helpful to you. I love how yours turn out, it looks like factory. You got a really nice car.
    Last edited by mazkam; 11-02-2011, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Hey mazkam,

Somehow I only see this now.

Thanks for being so moddest about me steeling your ideas....lol.

Thanks for the compliments.
      mazda stands by you

Comment

Just a quick update.
        Powdercoated the camcover in Post Office Red and polish the lines.
        Had a metal sticker, and used it.

Hope You like

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00627-20111204-1852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	1229927

just another pic to show the branch / extractor / header

Name:	IMG00628-20111204-1852.jpg
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1229928
        mazda stands by you

Comment

VC looks good.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

I've been busy for a while now, drawing/designing a strutbrace for the 323. I used a Solid Edge 3D to assist with the design. I had the lugs & strut base lasercut out of 5mm plate. The strut plates are for the four bolt strut, but I will at a later stage do it for 2 bolt pattern as well. I will then save the drawing for the lugs & strutplates in dxf format for anyone who is interested to download and use it, but give me a little time on that please. The brace was completed and I am busy testing it out. Its still in raw ( unsprayed / powdercoated) form, but as soon as it is powdercoated I will upload pics. Anyone that don't have a strutbrace fitted to his/her car, should do so. It is awesome what improvement it makes. The car is much more stable on the road, through bumps & dips. The braking is better, and the steering feedback through corners are amazing. one down fall though: my fuel comsumption is through the roof again........:-)

Name:	SB.jpg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1229957Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00612-20111129-1845.jpg
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	1229958Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00611-20111129-1705.jpg
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	1229959

just a step by step of what I mean with the strutplates & lugs.

Name:	IMG00633-20111207-1255.jpg
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	1229960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00634-20111207-1255.jpg
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	1229961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00636-20111207-1258.jpg
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	1229962Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00637-20111207-1301.jpg
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	1229963
            Last edited by Mr N4SA; 12-07-2011, 08:14 AM.
            mazda stands by you

Comment

wow!! those pieces are quite precise. im impressed. whats your fuel consumption like with that old carb setup
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

I just find that I should have made the lugs a little bit longer, which in return will make the brace to be higher.
                Yeah, with lasercutting it comes very precise.

My car is relatively light on fuel. I still get 550km - 600km (344 - 375 miles) on a 50litre tank. But, that is becuase I mainly use it on the open road. Town driving i think I am in the region of 400km - 450km (250 - 280 miles) on a tank.
                mazda stands by you

Comment

What up with you and your car for 2012?

Comment

Hey Mazkam,

I am all good.

At the moment no real plans for my car yet. I must just get my starter fixed and also the rubber bush on the selector stabiliser bar is knackered.
                    I am going to fit the bush tonight as last night I was a bit lazy. Bush was $5 from the dealers.

I have 3 orders for strut braces, which needs to be finished by next week, so maybe from that money I can make some new rear mount braces for the BF.
                    I must still have my own strutbrace powdercoated, it will be the same red as the tappet cover. at the moment it's a rat-look strutbrace....lol!
                    mazda stands by you

Comment

I love the front and rear of your car. How easy are those parts to find over there?? Your strut bar is a great piece of work. The only thing that I would suggest adding to it is a support that bolts to the firewall. You did some awesome fab work on that!!!

Comment

Hi Noshatch,

The part are quite readily available. At the moment I am sourcing prices for parts for a co-CP-member. Small items will be easy in terms of shipping, but parts like bumpers is a bit of a headache at the moment, but I will look into that again.
                        I will look into that option of adding a support to the firewall, thanks for mentioning it.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, its much apreciated.

Regards
                        Adin
                        mazda stands by you

Comment

Looking good Mr N4SA.
                          My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Thank you for the quote!!! My friend owns 5 323 gt's over here and I told him and he wants some parts. In the next few weeks I will be chatting with you to place an order to get some parts. Can you get the center garnish for the tail lights too?

Comment

Originally posted by 323GTX-RSA View Post
                              Looking good Mr N4SA.
                              Thanks buddy, compliments are much apreciated.

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                              Thank you for the quote!!! My friend owns 5 323 gt's over here and I told him and he wants some parts. In the next few weeks I will be chatting with you to place an order to get some parts. Can you get the center garnish for the tail lights too?
                              No Probs, should I get quotes from the dealers as well? Obviously they will be much more expensive.
                              I got a price (via email reply) for the rear garnish, but when I phoned to find out if they have stock, the salesman told me that they don't stock it anymore. The dealer is still a option and they should also be available at scrap yards. One problem though, it will probably be just the plane black garnish, unlike the red/amber thats on my car.

Regards
                              Adin
                              mazda stands by you

Comment

Adin! Must put that strut bar on the list with my lower tie brace. lmao

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X