Pedders Lower Control Arm Bushings for BJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedders Lower Control Arm Bushings for BJ

Long story short: hit a massive pothole. dented up my front right wheel badly. the shop said i also had torn LCA bushings. i opted for polyurethane bushings cuz i've had some good luck with polyurethane parts lasting a while.

ordered from crossoverauto.com, bushings were as described. part numbers, EP6519 and EP6518, these are for the front control arms only. matched the pictures on the site. cross referenced with Pedders AU website just to be sure. also included was a packet of grease which was nice but i bought some Prothane grease as backup incase.

the bushings were pressed in by the shop with no problems. they replaced the wheel and remounted the old tire, did a 4 wheel alignment.

initial thoughts: very noticable difference in ride comfort. about 500 miles on it so far, it felt like i was driving on a dirt or fine gravel road on the front of the car, but the rear of the car is normal. i'm driving on the same roads i drive everyday to work. not all of it is in the best of shape but the rubber bushings do a phenominal job cushioning the tarmac. as i expected the urethane bushings had a rougher ride due to the stiffer nature of the material, but by all accounts it was supposed to be negligible.

in another post i described that as soon as i got the car back the alignment was still off and the wheel that was replaced would lose grip, like a hydroplane, even on dry road. so i'm still troubleshooting that. i don't believe its a side effect of the bushings, but perhaps of the tires. swapped the tires and now im getting a different torque steer effect. i'll report back any changes after 4 new tires and let the bushings break in a little further.
    Attached Files

glad I saw this. So badly need to do the same upgrade to mine. thanks for sharing the info.
    397whp, 373tq Dyno Video

Full Standalone E6X, Intel Dual Core 3.2GHz, Dynamix 8", Clarion 5.1
    Easystreet, 4 corner control, 9 way dampers, 8 gallon tank, dual Viair 380C's
    Garrett T3 twin scroll, 3" v-band exhaust, 4" antisurge intake, Dual BB, standalone water cooled
    Full fuel system, SIGNATURE TANKS, 18" Motegi, etc...

Comment

update:
      if you go to this thread you'll read about the pull/torque steer symptoms i experienced. wasnt sure if it was a bushing problem but i think if you read up to the 13th post, you'll see what the cause of it was.

so it'll be hard to give an unbiased review of the part now. i can say having the part over a month, the ride condition has settled a bit. but it could also be the fact that i'm used to the new NVH.

Comment

It looks like the bolt was improperly torqued. The bushing kit would not cause the bolt to back out as such. Remember to top off your transmission fluid as it has now drained out through the axle hole.

Comment

does anybody know if these bushings are reusable? the ball joint boot on my control arms are in bad shape. the dealer wants to replace the entire control arm. they will however return the old control arms to me. can I press these bushings out of the old arms and press them back into the new arms? or are these more of a 1-time use bushing? meaning i'd be better off purchasing new set. thanks.
          -meGrimlock

Comment

Working...
          X