87 GTX in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 GTX in South Africa

here are a few pics of my 87 GTX and my 81 GLC with front light and bumper mod.

My Hiroshima Screamer

Mmmmm power bulge hood.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

very nice

since your from SA , Boks fan i take it?

my fave Africans word is "Braai" great feeds

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
      1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

The engine is getting a bit of a refreash at the moment, They I am looking at fitting a Nissan Pulsar/Sunny GTiR gearbox to it. It looks likr you can use the B6T flywheel and Pressure plate/Clutch assy cover with a Nissan CA18DET clutch and that might help with gearbox strength. I will do a bearing plate mod on the Nissan box as that helps it. Maybe later I will see if the 2.0 FE3N motor will fit and Turbo that or the BPT motor.
        My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Nice car! Would love to see and experience it in person. The GLC, what motor are you running? Just so you know, my sister stays in Roodepoort, so from time to time we go up the reef.

Regards
          mazda stands by you

Comment

Still got the stock 1.3 in it at the moment. But thinking of putting in the 2.0 12v carb motor, so I don't have to do too much wiring and such like.
            My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Interesting choice, a few years ago I heard that the guys in stock car racing used the 12V motor, apparently it responds very well to mods. I don't have any type of experience regarding the 12V engine.

How often do you go to Tarlton?
              mazda stands by you

Comment

I mainly go to Nitro as Talton is quite a drive and I need my passport and all my shots to go to that side of town.
                My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Well the refresh on the engine is complete and has been running for about 4 weeks now and is starting to free up nicely. I went a different route to most other people as I was on a tight budget and could not import any parts. So I had my exsisting GTX rods shortened by 1.5mm and am using Mazda ZM 1.6l pistons. Not sure exactly if they are the 9.7:1CR pistons as here in RSA our ZM motors came out with a 9.4:1 CR piston, but seeing as they are ARO pistons I assumed that they where the 9.7CR ones. I got rid of the AFM as I am using a standalone ECU and this makes a huge difference. Still running the stock boost but with the AFM missing full boost comes in at 2500rpm and I get about 3lb boost at 1800rpm, so the car pulls nicely from low revs. Still need to get a good tune on it as I am now using a FMIC as well. Will post some figures after the tune. Also at nearly a mile high and temps in the mid to high 90F's the car responses well.
                  My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Very cool! Jelous you guys got the nice bumpers, where as we have aircraft carrier landing strips for bumpers here in the US.

Cant wait to see the update.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I want to see if I can get the Nissan Sentra bumper to fit, or I might look at the KCD kit front bumper. Next is the get a bonnet vent just in front of the bulge in the bonnet/hood.
                      My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

is that GLC rear wheel drive or front wheel drive?
                        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Rear wheel drive, 1.3l 4 speed.
                          My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Well fitted an AFR gauge yesterday, damn I was running rich. All sorted now leaned her out and she is running better.
                            My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

good day.nice 4wd gtx.dont u want gtae bumper

Comment

Working...
                              X