Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

PIR drags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIR drags

Went to PIR late night drags. Took my new 90 lx and ran a 16.4. BP power! lol. All stock.Just thought i'd share with some fellow protege enthusiast. Nothing to brag about. Just thought it was quite respectable for a 250 k motor.
    My 2003 protege with the fs only managed a 16.7 all stock a while ago . Any of you guys ever go out there?

I keep meaning to make it out.. but I still haven't.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Yes that would be cool. Dont see alot of mazdas. What kind of times does your gtx run?

Comment

not sure.. guessing mid 13's?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I want to take my scort out, but I don't want to embarass myself. haha all stock 1.9L. DD status. Might get a P5 if I can find one in good enough shape.
          If you're not at redline, you're not driving.

Comment

if anyone wants to go to pir tomorrow night let me know ill be there. stock lookin egt with bp26. just goin to see if my new intake setup and boost increase will make a difference.
            9.1:1 JE pistons, Eagle H beam rods, clevite bearings, BP05 head, ARP head studs, Block machining and blueprinting by Tom's Performance of Vancouver Washington, vj20, bp26 ecu and injectors, corksport fmic, downpipe, 2.5" exhaust, 12.8 psi, Suspension Techniques sway bars(f/r), corksport strut tower bars

Comment

So what did you end up running? Just curious

Comment

when i get my egt running again with my stock motor and xmsn i might be game to give it a try at pir to see what i can run as a baseline for when i start modding my daily driver

Comment

i am down to run my gtx next summer. I will be down there in my 510 again next summer

Comment

i was runnin mid 14's. 14.6 was my best but w/ traction issues till i hit 3rd. and a horrible leak from an oil ring
                    9.1:1 JE pistons, Eagle H beam rods, clevite bearings, BP05 head, ARP head studs, Block machining and blueprinting by Tom's Performance of Vancouver Washington, vj20, bp26 ecu and injectors, corksport fmic, downpipe, 2.5" exhaust, 12.8 psi, Suspension Techniques sway bars(f/r), corksport strut tower bars

Comment

Hope fully now that I can fit 235 under the rear and I am running 390's instead of 336's I will be in the high 12's lox 13's. I could only fit 195's on the old car

Comment

Working...
                      X