Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Oh the P5 is in great shape body wise, just the colours need to match lol
    This is the paint underneath the blue...
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

even with the yellow spots i still prefer the blue. the yellow on a p5 looks like a banana car

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Small little change to the car..... When i got it from Darren it had i guess vinyl across the top of the windshield, i like a nice dark strip like that but i like to be able to see through it, so tonight i took the vinyl off and added some 5% tint to the top of the windshield

Then a decal i got last week

And just another shot

I've also been looking into a brake swap for it, from what i've read, calipers/rotors from a 08'ish Mazda 6 are a direct bolt on and are a drastic improvement over stock, plus i guess the stock calipers are known for seizing up, so i think that'll be the first big upgrade i do to the P5

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Looking good. As far as I can remember, the front calipers are about 4 years old, and the rear ones were changed last fall. So the front ones probably won't live too much longer.

Oh, and get that side skirt on
          Last edited by DuRWooD; 07-01-2011, 07:54 PM.
          sigpic
          1992 Familia GT-X
          1988 323 GTX
          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

All the more reason to upgrade the brakes lol

But before i get into that i gotta check if i have enough tint to re-do the drivers door since it has that little piece missing in the lower corner, not a big deal to me since i somewhat know how to tint lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That tint had a lifetime warranty... from a place that went out of business, lol.
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Ah oh well lol I've done enough tinting where I can usually get side windows to look perfect, back windows are the bitch to do though, but the tint strip on the windshield is probably the easiest to do

Comment

nice dude! Ya Mazda6 brakes swap over, but I don't know the complete details...that's something mx6.com or probetalk would be able to answer. Hell even Corvette and Porsche brakes will swap over too apparently lol.

I can grab you those 98+ 626 V6 caliper brackets tho, then all you'd need are the rotors/pads for that car and you'd have larger brakes lol...just a thought instead of trying to price out Mazda6 parts lol..and it'd be dirt cheap too since that KLG4s been there for a while.
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

From what I've read all I'd need is the caliper mounting brackets then calipers/rotors/pads from the Mazda 6 (or other interchangeable cars lol)

I'm just not sure if I'm ready to start getting upgrade parts yet since Ill be needing to spend money on the Festiva lol

Comment

03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" rotors=> Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
                      06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" rotors=> Fits no problem with a 16" wheel
                      06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 => 12.2" rotors=> Must have a 17" wheel minimum
                      from

I hadn't seen the thread around here so just wanted to give a heads up. The mazda 6 brakes including the MS6 are direct bolt on to our cars. 03-05 Mazda 6 => 11.1" rotors=> Fits no problem with a 16" wheel 06-07 Mazda 6 => 11.8" rotors=> Fits no problem with a 16" wheel 06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 =>...

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                      2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                      Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Buwahahaha got me a new power plant for the P5

the thing just got a brand new supercharger on it then within a month after, it got into a crash, it also has a new transmission in it with maybe 3,000 kms on it, although its auto and i won't be re-using it, i got a steal of a deal on it too, but i won't be able to start tearing it apart until thursday

Comment

**** yeah! I think it'll be a first.
                          sigpic
                          1992 Familia GT-X
                          1988 323 GTX
                          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

awesome man!!!! this is going to be awesome haha...if anyone can make this happen, you can
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I think it'll be a first as well haha now i hope to hell that i read right about the KL tranny bolting to the KJ lol

And thanks Jack, it'll surely be a learning experience with the OBD2 systems lol hopefully i'll get it all wired up where the speedo and tach work again in the P5 lol
                              Last edited by Damkid; 09-11-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

i thought about using the supercharger setup from one of those. i can see that motor making alot more power with ze cams in it. cool looking forward to this
                                91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                                X