2003 protege transmission problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 protege transmission problems

I have a 2003 protege that had a bad motor so I picked up a used japanese engine and had my dads mechanic swap it. The problem is after he swapped the motor the automatic transmission will not engage you can move the shifter in all positions but the car will not move. He said he changed the fluid about 6 quarts and the car will stil not move. The mechanic tells me i need a new trtansmission but the car shifted and all gears worked before he swapped the motor. How does a transmission go bad over a 3 day period? Any suggestions maybe he didnt connect something properly.

dam anyone a real mechanic up in this bitch?

Comment

have your mechanic pay for that. if you drove it there. its his responsibility to figure out what he did wrong.

and make sure he put the right fluid in it
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Make sure the shifter cable's attached, too.
        1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Transmission no engaging

Well I had the same problem and found that the Japanese motor had a different offset flex plate so it pulls the torque converter away from the pump so no action! This is a late reply but I hope that it helps you as well as others.

Originally posted by KDOHC_24 View Post
          I have a 2003 protege that had a bad motor so I picked up a used japanese engine and had my dads mechanic swap it. The problem is after he swapped the motor the automatic transmission will not engage you can move the shifter in all positions but the car will not move. He said he changed the fluid about 6 quarts and the car will stil not move. The mechanic tells me i need a new trtansmission but the car shifted and all gears worked before he swapped the motor. How does a transmission go bad over a 3 day period? Any suggestions maybe he didnt connect something properly.

Comment

The flywheel on the engine you bought is flat and the one that was original to your car is offset towards that transmission so the torque converter was pulled out of the pump hence no pressure.

Comment

Working...
            X