No announcement yet.

AC compressor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enough r134a has leaked from the system to affect it's cooling but not enough that the pressure switch has shut off the compressor . it's still salvageable at this point

Comment

I have a similar problem. Haven't done the switch to R134, and not planning to either.
      Compressor doesn't activate, and only radiator fan turns on when I press the A/c button.

I need to try to hardwire the compressor to see if it works. Does the compressor not run if there's no freon in the system?

Comment

It won't run if its empty
        I filled mine with R12a

Comment

Originally posted by bcowie View Post
          It won't run if its empty
          I filled mine with R12a
          I would not recommend mixing different refrigerants with out flushing the system and replacing the drier. Which alternative did you use to r-12, was it enviro-safe?

Comment

Originally posted by ivan15 View Post
            I would not recommend mixing different refrigerants with out flushing the system and replacing the drier. Which alternative did you use to r-12, was it enviro-safe?
            I vacuumed it first
            I used r-12a which is safe and I find is cooler then R-134

Comment

Time for a new compressor

Comment

Jump the wiring connector for the pressure switch, if the compressor then comes on, the switch is bad or you have too little or too much refrigerant pressure in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by tehmonkay View Post
                  Jump the wiring connector for the pressure switch, if the compressor then comes on, the switch is bad or you have too little or too much refrigerant pressure in the system.
                  tried that, no dice I already ordered a rebuilt off ebay

Comment

Working...
                  X