Help ! Car Wont Start Just Clicks !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ! Car Wont Start Just Clicks !

Hey I Drive a 2001 ES, Car drove fine for a couple months... Started overheating figured it was the thermostat. Changed that, drove better. Started over heating again so Now i was down to the headgasket and or Radiator.
    Next day i drove the car for 5 Min. No More than that to go to the grovery store. Car drove fine, Got back in started right up realized i forgot my phone and got back in the car and BAM. No starting just cranking over. So I Cranked it till the battery died. Towed it home. Changed the battery now it just clicks doesnt crank at all. Click click click. Any help? I Checked the starter and it came out Fine at Autozone. Ive been Stuck home for a month with no car.. Someone help a brother out?

By the way the lights turn on Radio horn etc.

Comment

bad ground somewhere

Comment

in the future never do this
        So I Cranked it till the battery died
        that has burning out your starter written all over it.

but yes, i agree with check your grounds & make sure the battery terminals are tight.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Did coolant spill on anything? Like others have already stated make sure all connections are tight and clean. Check all fuses as well.

Comment

Looks like your starters kicked the bucket man. This happened in my 626 a few years back. I was testing the remote start that I had installed on it and so I started it, then stopped it with my remote. When i tried this the second, the car didn't start and kept making clicking noises. A few minutes later, it started without a hitch. Essentially, the spring loaded mechanisms starting to stick so its not working as well as it should. Eventually, the mechanism will completely jam and then you're screwed. I suggest changing the starter and see what happens.

As for the overheating, when you changed the thermostat, did you fill it all the way up with coolant? If so, did you work out all the air bubbles in the system?

Comment

Working...
            X