Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 BPT Mercury Tracer

1995 Mercury Tracer, BPT. $1600

Prolly 130,xxx on shell. Great runner and reliable. It brakes my heart to do this but I must sell my trusty old daily driver. Mechanically the car is awesome and needs nothing . I’m selling because the rust is getting BAD. Cosmetically the car looks fairly good with minimal visible rust and a few dents, a lil faded paint on the roof. Driver rocker bad in middle seam. The rear towers have started to rot badly, along with where the rear subframe attaches.

The rear towers I caught about a month ago and chipped ground and POR 15’ed. The rust is stopped from continuing but it makes me nervous. I’ve had 300lbs back there but its definantly not great. Basically half the side on the tops is just plain gone. Also, the stamped steal boxes that make up the I guess frame rail where the rear subframe attaches is getting pretty bad. The back half of the car was POR15’ed a year ago, but it was basically too late.

The car is getting sold almost for parts. It either needs a lot of help or SHOULD just be used for the drivetrain, suspension, etc. Its fine now but another winter will kill it. The car will drive where ever it needs to go but I wouldn’t go autocrossing with a bunch of fat girls in the back. I don’t need anything bad happening because you don’t mind driving a rotten car. Price is firm, if no one bites at this price its getting parted.

Engine; (prolly 190,xxx miles). Still gets decent compression. Two middle cylinders at 170psi, number four around 155, number one around 160.
    -1991 EGT Bp
    -Newer distributor o-ring, valve cover gasket and cam seals, and pan gasket (if you can call it that) front main has around 60,xxx on it, rear main 80,xxx.
    -GTX Exintake mod with Corksport cam gears.(I have the old cams and gears to go with the car)
    -VJ-20, GTX exhaust manifold, newer turbo to intake gasket, and hardware.
    -Water pump, timing belt, and idlers have about 60,xxx on them.
    -Starter has 20,xxx miles and is new not rebuilt.
    -FS alternator with swapped pulley.
    -Battery is about two years old
    -Newer radiator, 5,xxx miles. All hoses done a few years ago

Intake and Exhaust
    -Corksport catback, and downpipe, mated with a welded two bolt flange pipe stub and flex section. All stainless, and easy to take on and off. Catless. Muffler is a 2.5in, in and out Magnaflow straight through, looks fairly stock and sounds good.
    -Ebay intercooler, and custom 2 inch piping. Looks kinda crappy but does NOT leak.
    -Recirculated DSM BOV
    -RX7 Bcode VAF, tuned two fit the engine.
    -Ebay filter, and adapter. With little heat shield thing.
    -Ebay boost controller set at 15psi, with the cams the VJ-20 will only support 10psi at redline.

Engine management
    -1991EGT engine, dash, and under dash harnesses.
    -GTX ECU, 4 wire TPS
    -GTX injectors, EGT(43psi) FPR
    -Walbro 255LP, prolly 70,xxxx miles on it.
    -5th injector mod. Just a little pressure switch and a cold start injector from a camry, mounted on the upper intercooler pipe, opens at 11psi
    -Heated oxygen sensor from a DSM, gets switched power from the turbo timer harness.

Interior/Exterior
    -Autometer sport comp boost guage
    -Autometer phantom oil pressure guage
    -LED for the 5th injector mod to let you know its on
    -I’ll prolly include an Apexi turbo timer, doesn’t time though, prolly just needs the ebrake wire hooked up. I use it to read O2 sensor/battery voltage. Its on a reppined DSM ignition switch harness
    -91 EGT adjustable column, and removed passenger air bag(cover is in place)
    -Newer ignition switch and lock cylinder.
    -Recently cleared headlights with silverstar ultras.

Suspension
    -ZX2 S/R stuts, 35,xxx miles, new bump stops, mounts, and dust boots.
    -Eibach prokits, 90,xxxx miles and prolly sagging a touch.
    -91 EGT swirleys with yokohama S-drive, 195/50/15
    -ZX2 steering rack bushings, Rack is a rebuilt, and has about 15,xxx miles on it,
    -Energy suspension front control arm bushings 30,xxx miles

Transmission
    -110,xxx miles from an EGT
    -AWR front and rear 88durometer transmission mounts, window welded side mounts, and Delrin crossmember bushings.
    -Braided corksport clutch line
    - ACT clutch, stock, flywheel
    -TWM short shifter (its too bad they don’t still make these)
    -New clutch fork, pivot ball, and TOB 6,xxx miles ago when the new trans went in.
    -I have a spare rebuilt transthat shifts fine, but has a dead diff.
    -Passenger axle is new not rebuilt with about 60,xxx miles. Driver is actually original. I have a spare brand new drivers side, and spare older passenger axle.
    -Slave and master have around 60,xxx miles
    -Newer oem shifter bushings
    -Remote clutch resevour from an eclipse

Brakes
    -Hawk HPS fronts, newer rotors
    -Front calipers are rebuilt cardones’ and have 3 years and 30,xxx miles
    -Goodridge braided lines, though the clear plastic cover is old and coming off
    -Stock rear disks and working ebrake.
    -Master cylinder has 60,xxx
    -Front wheel bearings have prolly 40,xxx

I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff and any questions just ask. I’m pretty sure this is painfully obviously mine but I can get the paper with my name if you really want. Better pics coming tommorrow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bam; 07-28-2011, 01:31 PM.

****in' a, man, that's a cool sleeper.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Alright boys and girls. By the weekend a part out will prolly start. I've procured a new daily driver and the expensive insurance that comes with it. I priced this at $1600, because I can almost guarantee I'll make more parting it out. This car has TONS of newer good parts. This would be an excellent donor for a swap. I'm really gonna miss it.

Comment

Might as well close this. I'm gonna start stripping it today. I'll start a new thread in parts today or tommorrow. If anyone really wants something now P.M.

Comment

Working...
        X