keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyless entry

Does anybody know how to program keyless entry remote on protege 1996?... And where the Security System Control Unit is located?

found this on wiki answers:

This is how to program a mazda protege keyless (also works with other mazda models) remote system:

1. Open Drivers door and leave open.

2. Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power lock switch on door panel.
    (not sure if this is required)

3. Insert key into the ignition.

4. Turn key to the ON and OFF position 3 times in 10 seconds. Leave key in ignition. ( i have seen others say 24 seconds for 4 & 5 combined)

5. Open and close drivers door 3 times ending with door in the open position.
    (you can depress the door switch instead)

6. Door locks should respond by locking and unlocking.

7. Press any button on remote 2 times. Doors should lock and unlock.

8. If programming a second remote press any button 2 times on it and door locks should cycle again.

9. Remove key from ignition and door locks will cycle again.

10. Test remotes.
    sigpic
    96 protege dx - gone :'(
    94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
    02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
    95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
    I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
    Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
    Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
    Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

I tried like that but the door doesn't respond by locking and unlocking... Does anyone know why? Please help me

Comment

so we have radio receiver for remote? :o i hated unlocking doors with the key since it started to bend :|

Comment

I bought a used a remote for my recently acquired 2001 Protege and this worked perfectly. It may not have worked for the guy above due to user error. It did not work for me initially because I mixed up the 10 seconds with opening and closing the door 10 times in 10 seconds, ha ha. What a dope I felt like rushing to make it in 10 seconds. bua ha ha ha.
          Last edited by mannydingo; 05-17-2013, 08:20 PM. Reason: Added year of my Protege to post.

Comment

Working...
          X