the focus of club "protege"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cablemirc View Post
    good point goldstar... and I've listened to everything we've all said here.. and i agree on a lot of points, but i think i should make mine clearer. but I'd like to point out that the community atmosphere we have is exactly *why* we need to grow. we need to keep that air of community, size of membership or platform of car shouldn't be any factor in that. it'd be the business of clubprotege to KEEP the community atmosphere while adding new models. don't get me wrong, I'm not saying i disagree with you guys. there's room for explosive growth just from the BJ chassis. but the time for growing the user base has come, and it's going to happen either way, just from forum changes we're making. the only reason i wanted to know if we should add the 3's and such NOW is for branding purposes, if we need more URLs, etc to direct growth to the forum. nobody's talking about changing anything. just adding to it. every member that's here is the meat and bones of the club, and it should stay exactly the way it is in that fashion.
    seems like you just popped up out of the blue to start making all these changes that a lot of members don't want. I for one DON'T support trying to get platforms that aren't already strong here to become a strong user base. It's just not going to happen. There are way too many other mazda forums that already have strong user bases on the BJ and BK chasis, why in gods name would they come here? They wouldn't, there's not much info here on them, there aren't many members with those paltforms.. etc.. Also i really like "it's going to happen either way" what kind of bull**** is that? why give us a ****ing poll if you're going to do what you want anyways. And no there isn't room for "explosive growth" even with the BJ protege we are talking about a car that is aging..
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Got a point^
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the only physical change I've made to clubprotege was to reduce the repeat search wait from 15 seconds to 5. everything else is well thought out *advice* for security and capability upgrades to the forum, that i have passed on to both of the other administrators. Beyond that, I've asked for advice, hence these polls. nothing has changed... i didn't just run rampant and start changing things, we're discussing them. not exactly a heavy hand over here..

the forums are being made more mobile friendly, and being given a more professional website which will attract new users. yes, more traffic is coming. we have a community atmosphere that other sites don't. people will come and stay.

if a BG user goes out and buys a Mazda 3, that's newer than a BK chassis, shouldn't clubprotege still be home? nobody's talking about replacing other sites. we're talking about staying current. i believe we already have a Mazda 3 section, what other chassis would we even be adding to "change" clubprotege? The 3 is still the most recent compact/sedan. i wasn't suggesting adding 6's and 2's, etc.. in fact, I'm not suggesting anything. The poll is *asking* what the members want to do, and so far, the results are pretty clear.
        Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Explosive growth? I don't think so. A few converts from other forums? Perhaps. To attract more users, I think we need to first increase our knowledge base for the platforms that aren't doing so well, BH and BJ Proteges as well as the different variants such as the Sephia and Tracer. I purposely left out the BF and BG Proteges because there is already such a huge following and a ton of information for both chassis. In my eyes, no body is going to join if they can't find the information they need. I'd be willing to even copy everything from my Haynes manual into a bunch of threads if there are some people out there only looking for basic maintenance.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we need to attract new member with the information they need, not a big flashing sign that says "Come here!" If or when the new platforms get added to the forums, they need to stay at the bottom with the older chassis on top, like it is now. That way, people looking for Protege information won't get lost in all the new stuff and maybe someone looking for BK information will see all the other chassis while scrolling and stop to look at something that cuaght their eye. Thus increasing their knowledge, and maybe respect, for where their car came from, its roots, its origin.

I feel like I'm just rambling now and wasting time. I'll stop with what I've got now. Whether this makes sense to anyone or seems like a load of BS, it's what I think would attract new members.

Comment

nah, not a load of BS at all. well put. information is key, with community and enthusiasm a close second. the only forum organization suggestions i have are in the other thread, with decluttering a bit, and collapsing and moving regional to the bottom. explosive growth can come several directions, features and upgrades being one, to simply going out of our way to welcoming new members and shoring up the sense of community clubprotege imparts. getting everyone more involved and reinvigorating a sense of community, hence new staff, etc. t-shirts, stickers and other things. i believe the growth potential can be termed explosive, but hey, even if it doesn't pan out that way, we'll be all the stronger as a forum for our efforts.

and i think that's a goal we can all agree on.
            Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Working...
            X