calling all artists!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calling all artists!

we need a new logo for our forum. sadly, until we get a firmer understanding of the direction we want to go with the forums, we don't have much to offer for ideas, not even a name. this site may end up under multiple URL redirects. what we DO know is that regardless, the forum is a Mazda database of helpful information and user projects that will, at minimum, incorporate the models we currently cover.

i know alot of you are artfully inclined, and i'd like suggestions from everyone even if it's (by your own admission) a sad sketch of an idea in paint by someone without much talent as an idea to be redone more professionally (i already see sarcastic scribbles in ms paint following this post, lol).. but please, don't knock artistic talent (or lack thereof). this is an ideas thread, not a competition.
    Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.0 KB
ID:	1233284

I did this a while back. This is my take on a logo of the God of Life, which as I understand it is what Mazda means in Japanese. I can't remember anymore the details of the whole story. I think it was Mat-zu-da or something similar. Anyway, just thought it would get the creative wheels turning for a logo. Of course it's a rough sketch.

Comment

I believe you when you say you did it a while back, and are just NOW getting around to posting... damn you for bringing up old threads..
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

hilarious

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
        I believe you when you say you did it a while back, and are just NOW getting around to posting... damn you for bringing up old threads..

Can't believe it, didn't think I'd get caught up in another old thread. Must've been from back before we got the woodgrain look. My bad. Lol.

Comment

message spenone

/thread
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

please dont knock down ideas. we can always use something fresh/new here
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'm glad to know that the future development of our great Forum is being considered.

Happy Motoring!
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

very interested, what is the existing logo?
                this one:

or

any limits to size/color?

Comment

new graphic designs for the site are always welcomed!
                  the size of the logo can always be readjusted so for the meantime free-range to whip up anything your mind can.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                  X