My 2000 Protege LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2000 Protege LX

I am sure that most of you have already seen these pictures, but I finally decided to make a thread for updates on modifying my protege. I purchased it from my Dad and this is what it looked like before:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	1267094Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0435.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	1267095

So far I have added the following:
    new paint job
    14" rims
    magnaflow performance muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzbnuC91WEw
    window tint 35%

Now it looks like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0457.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	1267096Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0456.JPG
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	1267097Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0453.JPG
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	1267098Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0446.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	1267099

Here is the list of things that I intend on putting on it:
    black headlights http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...hts_Black.html
    carbon fiber tail lights euro style http://www.carid.com/2000-mazda-prot...ts-267414.html
    lowering springs http://www.andysautosport.com/mazda/...n00039786.html
    spoiler http://www.carid.com/2000-mazda-prot...ler-55291.html
    cold air intake? Still not sure
    turbo not sure which one yet
    fog lights maybe?
    That is all right now. I'm working at mcdonalds, so it will be a good few months before all of this can be purchased and installed. lol.
    Last edited by TH3B34ST; 09-19-2011, 02:48 PM.
    Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Nice car, looking good so far. Good luck with the rest of your mods. It will take awhile but you'll get there eventually.

Keep us posted.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Welcome to clubpro!

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Comment

lol. im not a 35 year old bum working at mcds. Im 18 and working there part time while I do college.
        Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

Ahh ok. I figured you were a youngin'

I was about to comment on your future mods and tell you not to waste your money on any of those things, but I guess you gotta learn somehow.

Good luck with it all!

Comment

Please don't kill another 3g with altezzas
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

We used to have a member on CP that turboed his 1.6 L BJ. His user name was THEGOLDPRO (Ben). He did the installation himself and did an outstanding job. It was one of the nicest Proteges I've ever seen and I had the opportunity to see it run several times. He even gave my son a ride in the car when he was younger which really impressed him. THEGOLDPRO has moved on and is no longer around which is too bad as he was a great guy. I really miss his presence on the Forum and the times we got together for Protege meets at Kent Falls, CT. He started many threads here in connection with his build which could be very helpful to you if you decide to go the FI route.

Start by going to Advanced Search and put turbo in as the keyword. From there, you should be able to access much of the information he posted here. I can tell you that a turboed 1.6 L BJ is a pretty formidable car and great fun to drive.

Happy Researching!
              Last edited by goldstar; 09-19-2011, 04:44 PM.
              02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
              MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
              MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
              Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
              MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
              Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
              Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
              Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
              Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
              Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
              Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
              Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
              Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I agree, boost is best lol...even a low boost setting will net more fun than a bunch of n/a bolt ons.

Those springs seem like a great spring rate for a daily driver though!! They're only about 15-20% stiffer than stock so it should ride quite well! Going to get some struts for her? KYB or Tokico Blues would be my suggestion.

Also for the headlight idea you have...you can easily black-out your current headlights using an exacto blade, black paint, tape and an oven @ 200 degrees for about 3-4 mins to warm the headlight glue. Just make sure not to paint anything that reflects the headlight beam.

Good luck!
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Is this car a stick or automatic?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    Please don't kill another 3g with altezzas
                    IMO the carbon fiber ones look awesome. Not the chrome ones.
                    @Spenone, Its a 5 speed.
                    @ mazda_powered, IMO that headlight idea sounds kinda ghetto to me. lol.
                    Last edited by TH3B34ST; 09-19-2011, 08:16 PM.
                    Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

update: ordered the weapon r secret weapon intake. It should be here on friday, so hopefully I can install it on saturday. I will post a video once its installed. The next thing I plan on buying is a new header. I am looking at getting this one. iamthewheelman recommended OBX 4-1 headers.
                      Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

update: My dad and I installed the weapon r secret weapon intake yesterday. I feel a little more power when accelerating and it sounds great too when accelerating quite a bit. I must say. The instructions were not that clear and the pictures were black and white and not helpful. It is a tight squeeze, but it fits.
                        Attached Files
                        Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

I'm thinking about picking up one of these for a winter car, yours is in much better shape then the one I looked at tho lol good job so far
                          AEM - Tokico - Eibach - Racing Beat - Mazdaspeed - TWM - Fidanza - Clutchmasters - NGK

Comment

Thanks. I am about to order a 4-1 header tomorrow when I get my paycheck probably. It's got some pretty good acceleration considering the fact that it's a 1.6L. Definitely a good little car. Great gas mileage too.
                            Mazda Protege 2000 LX

Comment

I woulden't waste your time doing the bolt on mods to the 1.6 liter they really don't make much difference in power.
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X