Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

1996 protege transsmision compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 protege transsmision compatibility

Hello people;

I urgently need to find a transmission for my 1996 Mazda protege. I would like to know with what years is the 1996 protege transmission compatible with? Are the protege transmissions the same from 1995 to 1998?

Thanks for your timely reply's!

What engine do you have and are you looking for an automatic or manual?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
      What engine do you have and are you looking for an automatic or manual?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.
      automatic 1.5 / twincam

Comment

Any automatic from '95-'98 should work. I'm not sure if the automatic from other years would work, but you'll be safe if you stick to the years for the second generation (BH) chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
          Any automatic from '95-'98 should work. I'm not sure if the automatic from other years would work, but you'll be safe if you stick to the years for the second generation (BH) chassis.
          Thanks, I really appreciate the help!

Comment

No problem, that's what we're here for

Comment

i have a Mazda protege 1992 lx dohc. and im having transmission problems. what transmission could fit my Mazda. what year and what model. please help me out.

Comment

As I stated for alpha, if you stick to your generation Protege, the BG (1990-1994) for you, you should be safe. Are you looking for a manual or automatic? What's wrong with yours currently?

Comment

automatic. well the problem that I've been noticing is that when i put it on drive it took a while for it to change. i would press the bass and u will only hear the motor run. and then it will change to drive. so i would suspect that it would be the transmission.

Comment

i ment gas. and it shakes alot when its on drive.

Comment

Mine does that too, but I've been attributing it to the cold weather and my "ghetto" repair of the transmission end of the shift cable, haha. I can get it into drive by going slightly farther, almost into second, then back into drive. After it takes off I push it towards neutral quick then pull it back to drive and it work fine. I find it only acts up on cold starts also, same for you?

I haven't taken apart or fixed any problems that have been strictly transmission related, so I don't think I can help solve the problem exactly. Maybe someone else will come in with some more knowledge.

Comment

Well when its warmed up too. And when im at red lights. Thanks bro i really appreciate u trying to help me.

Comment

When was the last time you had the fluid flushed and changed? That could cause some problems if it's too low on fluid.

Comment

dam idk i need to check that out. thanks bro

Comment

No problem. Sometimes it's the simplest things that we overlook that can cause the worst problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X