Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Stroker 2.2 in the build(Lots of Pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Stroker 2.2 in the build(Lots of Pictures)

Well it has been 20 months that i have started to build my Stroker 2.2 Mazda FE Dohc motor, where do i start
    Well i will start with the crank and the block, as we all know that there are oil issues with the crank, spinning bearings, well i have done quiet a bit of mods on the Block and the Crank, what i did on the Crank is that i have crossed drilled the mains and the rods, here is a picture of the cross drilling that was done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crankcrosseddrilled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	1267320

Here is a picture of the crank that i have polished a little bit

Name:	finished crank.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	1267321

There has been quiet a lot of mods done onto the Motor Block its self, to over come the oil issues, i also have o-ring the block to boost, here is a picture of the Block

Name:	block 2.jpg
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	1267322

It has taken me 10 months alone to finish the Block, as we all know how long the engineering companies take, i forgot to mod the crank for the fe oil pump, just wanting for that, then i will ass the block.
    Last edited by nevillehome; 10-29-2011, 10:59 PM.

Well i am not going to use the diesel flywheel, as the diesel flywheel is to heavy as we all know, so i got myself a new flywheel made-up for my project.

Picture 1

Picture 2

I got myself a Nascar clutch

My gearbox what i got I imported it from the UK, it is a Mazda 6 diesel 6 speed gearbox, but i also got myself a Mazda 3 MPS 6 speed gearbox, i will be using the Mazda 3 MPS gears.

Here is a picture of the Mazda 6 Diesel and the Mazda 3 MPS gearbox, i know that the starter is sitting on the wrong side of the gearbox, but i will over come this to.

Attached Files

Comment

well what i done to my cylinder head, i got myself the Nissan 300zx intake ans exhaust valves, and Nissan 300zx cotters(Keepers), and the Honda B18 Brian Crower valve springs, and also got my injectors to, got myself a set of Cam-Gears from the group buy that Ryan had arranged, ARP head studs

Picture of the Head as it is complete now

Name:	Mazdafeweb.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1229584

Here is a picture the Nissan Ferrea valves

Name:	new ferrea valves web.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1229585

Picture of the Nissan cotters (Keepers)

Name:	valvelockscotters.jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1229586

Picture of the Honda B18 retainers

Name:	valveretainers.jpg
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	1229587

Here is a picture of the Honda B18 Valve springs

Name:	SpringHondaB18.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1229588

Here is a picture of the Valves machined to fit the Cotters(Keepers)

Name:	top of retainer.jpg
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1229589Click image for larger version

Name:	valve and retainer.jpg
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1229590

And i got Delphi injectors

Name:	1200ccinjectors.jpg
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	1229591

Fidanza Cam-Gears

Name:	cam-gears web.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1229592

ARP head studs
      Last edited by nevillehome; 10-29-2011, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Well i got myself a set of Pauter rods, and i bought a set of Wiseco Pistons of Matt on the mx6 forum, I am going to use ACL bearing in my build, and got myself a set of ARP L19 rod bolts

ACL Bearings

Name:	ACL rod bearings web.JPG
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1229593

Name:	ACL main bearings web.JPG
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1229594

Pauter Rods

Matts Wiseco Psitons

ARP L19 Rod Bolts
        Last edited by nevillehome; 10-29-2011, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Well my turbo will be a Turbonetics

Turbo branch

Name:	29122009.jpg
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1229595

Comment

Surprised fe3-323 isn't here jerkin it already lol. Nice build. What numbers you looking for?
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Nice project dude! Great mods and part to come. Can't wait to see how you'll sit the trannie in there. But I'd like to give you only one advice; the ACL bearings are the cheap series, beware the last time I installed those I spun a bearing. At that time I wanted the race series but were B/O...

I'd like to know more about your turbo, the specs or serial number?
              -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
              -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
              -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75 View Post
                Nice project dude! Great mods and part to come. Can't wait to see how you'll sit the trannie in there. But I'd like to give you only one advice; the ACL bearings are the cheap series, beware the last time I installed those I spun a bearing. At that time I wanted the race series but were B/O...

I'd like to know more about your turbo, the specs or serial number?

The Turbo is a Turbonetics T72 Q-Trim with a .96 exhaust housing, Rated at 900 HP
                The ACL race bearings, i could not get any where, I have tried every where.
                What bearing did you SPIN, Rod or Main ?

Comment

I spun a rod...i know about the race series the factory's is moving or something but my advice, do not install those cheaps one, find the undersize set from race and grind your crank like i did. Won't hold the power of your turbo.

Another thing in mind, what are you aiming with that awesome turbo? Might big a little don't you think? Let say the rods hold 600hp, even at that mark, you'll boost maby only 15psi or so...that's kind of turbo that push over 40psi!! you'll get so much lag, i don't think you'll get boost till 5500rpm...will hold 9000-10 000rpms for sure....buuuut again, you'll chew a rod bearing in a day. That's a huge wheel, a great turbo maby sized for supra? I would think a GT3582 is better size for what you can extract from the engine/transmission combo, but that's your project and you probably knows better than me what you're looking for.

Great project anyway, i'll keep an eye over it, very interesting, keep posting and lots of pictures alway fun.
                  -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75 View Post
                    I spun a rod...i know about the race series the factory's is moving or something but my advice, do not install those cheaps one, find the undersize set from race and grind your crank like i did. Won't hold the power of your turbo.

Another thing in mind, what are you aiming with that awesome turbo? Might big a little don't you think? Let say the rods hold 600hp, even at that mark, you'll boost maby only 15psi or so...that's kind of turbo that push over 40psi!! you'll get so much lag, i don't think you'll get boost till 5500rpm...will hold 9000-10 000rpms for sure....buuuut again, you'll chew a rod bearing in a day. That's a huge wheel, a great turbo maby sized for supra? I would think a GT3582 is better size for what you can extract from the engine/transmission combo, but that's your project and you probably knows better than me what you're looking for.

Great project anyway, i'll keep an eye over it, very interesting, keep posting and lots of pictures alway fun.
                    The Pauter rods i have read that hey can handle 1000HP !
                    Did you also have the 2.2 crank ? did you cross drill the mains and the rod also for better oiling ? or did you just do the mains ?

With the turbo, i know it is a big turbo, but first lets see how it performs, if not i will get a GT35, and sell the T72,

BTW, there is a guy here in S.A that also has a 2.2 with a Turbonetics T70, and makes 564kw, his name is Schalk.

Name:	new tial 233.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1229596

Comment

i don't think anyone has successfully figured out why there is an oiling issue with the 2.2 crank.... i wish you the best regards there.

edit: whats the weight of the R2 crank?
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Nice work so far. From what I've "read on the internet" there is definitely oiling issues with that crank. I'd go with the best bearings available, even if you have to machine the crank to go with a different size. I recently tore down a freshly rebuilt B6T that came with a car I bought. There were 2 spun crank bearings and a spun rod bearing, I found boxes in the trunk of the car for standard ACL bearings. Could have been that the previous owner mis-sized them however.
                        sigpic
                        1992 Familia GT-X
                        1988 323 GTX
                        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Nah I run BP, overbored to 2.0L, I don't have oil issues. I'm not worried with the rods, but the bearings, it's chewing gum, I can tell you. My advice is get ACl race series but if you can't find those, get OEM's mazda bearing sets.

Keep the good works!!

Comment

a small update

Well Santa has come early this year for me, look what he bought me.......

Name:	block3web.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1229875

Name:	block4web.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1229876

Comment

low comp stock pistons???
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X