getting a 1988 gtx need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting a 1988 gtx need some help

So im planning on picking this car up would like to get a little more knowledge of what there for the car
    i seen some upgrades mostly suspension i wanna know everything like turbo/intake mani/turbo mani/exhaust/ intake etc whats out there.
    For sure i wanna upgrade the turbo, turbo mani, intake mani, intake, exhaust, intercooler, tuning, ignition and suspension please share all ur knowledge and where r the best place to get these parts thanks

i know the a that turbotuningturbinetech.com has turbo mani.... So i found a a gt25r msp turbo and was gonna build a custom turbo mani downpipe fmic and intake or should i upgrade around the factory turbo and use turbotuningturbinetech.com turbo mani and make a hybrid vj-14/vj-11 turbo and use the corksport down pipe and then build custom fmic...... please any other info or knowledge u guys can give please post ive all way want a older model mazda and gonna it take serious

would this fit the 1.6 head

So im going to be buying a gt25r from a msp local and want get a custom set up built around that any ideas
    could i swap this motor in the 1988 gtx http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-323-PR...#ht_500wt_1176
    MAZDASPEED PROTEGE BUILD
    http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ebuild-Round-3

there is a reason no-one has responded to your post... its not that people are ignoring you... You really didn't ask a question, you told us all what you want to do to "fix" or "make" your purchase better...

what exactly is your question? you've already decided your path.... You're WAY outside the normal "road" most GT/GTX owners take for upgrades.

I think its like any project: WHAT are your goals? HOW are you going to USe the car? WHAT is your budget? WHO is doing the work? Will you drive it daily or is its a play toy? will you see race/track/event time? If so what classes/organization...

Sorry but your opening post sounds like you are 18-25 years old with money burning a hole in your pocket and wanting something "cheap & fast".... GT/GTX's are NEVER cheap... they can be quick... but if street 'cred and braggin' is what you want.. save your $$ and buy an Evo or an STi and blow them up... GT/GTX's are rare enough that we don't need a miss-guided or wild-expectation person blowing one up and then junking it...

sorry I know this post has taken a "preachy turn" but the honest truth is that people buying GT/GTX's are buying them because of what they are not to change everything and make them something else.

Tell us more about what you are expecting...

Rob

Comment

Working...
    X