CPG's 1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPG's 1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) worklog

Some of you may know this car as it's TRRC's old car. I haven't done much to it yet. I re-assembled some of the interior. I also fixed some of the annoying issues like the drivers door lock not working with the key. Of coarse I added stickers as well. As of right now my plan is to use this as my toy car. Sell the Miata and find a nice BG to daily drive (preferably an EGT). If I don't trade the Miata off for a BG as it sits. I plan to pull the motor and sell it as a shell. I wouldn't mind having a long nose B6ZE back up. As well as the low mileage JDM B6ZE (short nose sadly) that's sitting in my dad's garage in IL. I will definitely repaint the car and do all the body work. The body work will be done long before paint though. It needs things here and there but all and all I like it more then I thought I would. I really enjoy the classic BF styling. The fact that it's rare and not rusty makes it even better! Anyways enough babble onto the fresh pictures!

1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
    Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
    R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Sub'n
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

No more fogs,I like the idea but I think when I get new ones they will be smaller.

My GTR inspired Grubby (gauge cubby),I will fix the wiring when my AEM Uego and boost gauge get here from IL. I also added a legacy gt shift boot I had laying around. I need to find a stereo surround so I can put my head unit and cup holders in!
      Last edited by Crazypunkerguy; 12-19-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Man i wanted this. I'm so jelly! I offered him the millenia but he didnt want it. Lol

Good luck with it man.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Quick photo opp from today, I just decided to go for a drive as it was a nice day and I wanted to make sure my speakers all worked as i just finished putting my stereo in it. I will get more pics when it's a nicer day out. It was a trying to rain but still manged to be 70!

Comment

I will be having an eye open for this one. Car still looks good.

Misty: the spirit lives on........ ;-)
            mazda stands by you

Comment

you didn't tell us if all your speakers were working though LOL
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

looks good man! hope ill get to a chance to check it out sometime. id get a can of plastidip, and spray that trim. wouldnt cost ****, and would make a big difference.
                ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                  you didn't tell us if all your speakers were working though LOL
                  They do, I am actually switching out the rears and head unit into the pony shortly. Have a set of old school mtx 5.25 for it I found at a flea market for $5. Also looking at this awesome tape deck that has usb and an aux out.
                  Originally posted by Mr N4SA View Post
                  I will be having an eye open for this one. Car still looks good.

Misty: the spirit lives on........ ;-)
                  If you could send me some pics to that address I sent mine from that would be awesome. Thanks it still needs a lot of work.
                  Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                  looks good man! hope ill get to a chance to check it out sometime. id get a can of plastidip, and spray that trim. wouldnt cost ****, and would make a big difference.
                  Thanks Pat, I should definitely have it up in IL sometime. If not you know your always welcome family and all here! I will definitely go pick up a can of plasticdip, I have heard only good things.
                  Last edited by Crazypunkerguy; 02-21-2012, 08:02 PM. Reason: too high to type proper :)

Comment

Half Done

All done, I like them a lot and at $75 for the set with tires I couldn't beat the deal! Finally it looks so much better now that it's back on rims!

Comment

Nice!
                      Are these 15" wheels?
                      Anyway, 17" wheels sometimes can make the BF look like its on High Heels
                      mazda stands by you

Comment

Originally posted by Mr N4SA View Post
                        Nice!
                        Are these 15" wheels?
                        Anyway, 17" wheels sometimes can make the BF look like its on High Heels
                        They are OZ racing Lancer wheels so yep 15's. They will work for now until I paint them or get them powder-coated. I know what you mean about the 17's looking big. I had a set of mini cooper 16's on my 82 civic and they looked pretty big on it.

Comment

looks good with fresh shoes nick!
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

New Shift boot,I really like how this turned out. It's a 1.25L bag, I am trying to get my roommate to use a Crown Royal black bag in his TT.

New head unit that actually fits (my dvd clarion had too many wires.) The cup holder is out of a MPV so it's still mazda, even the filler piece is made from an mx-3 din cubby. It's simply the face hack sawed off and shoved in sideways. Looks and works good it's also all Mazda. Looking to add a new Mazda/Ford to the stable soon as well! Getting rid of the Honda and Pony! Looking to get a wagon or Pick-up like a Courier or B2000.

Comment

sorry. what happened? too distracted by your .Gif
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X