This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by me109 View Post
    I knew a guy who had a first generation Saturn that burned a quart of oil every 60 miles. What you have is not quite that bad, but still really, really bad.
    Luckily, its not burning oil , it just being dripping all under the car. Most of it ends up in the rear bumper, trunk garnish and ps rear wheel well. The rest, ends on on the ground off of the ps of the car. You can clearly tell where I park on a daily basis.
    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

I replaced the crumpled door and fender that came on my 93 last night :D . Its nice not to have to hang onto my door for dear life as it swings open at the speed of plaid... Though I did forget to put on my winter tires after that and woke up to a foot of snow... Oh well at leas I have a red and greed 323 now lol festive.
      '91 Grey 323 B6 5 Speed - CRUSHED
      '93 Red/Green 323 B6 5 Speed - DD
      '91 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Auto 4x4 5" Lift - Rec. Rig
      '76 Plymouth Scamp 225 Slant Six 3 Speed on Floor - Non Snow DD / Awaiting Turbo & T5

Comment

Finally got around to replacing the signal cluster on the steering column. that wasn't too hard, but still a slight PITA. Was hoping that would resolve my Cruise Control issue too, but I still lack Cruise... Lame..

Oh! I also swapped out to the new headlamp units that i had on the wagon back in the day. Put them (fresh and clean) on the EGT along with brand new Sylvania Ultra bulbs.. they look ok looking at the car, but we'll see how they work tonight. I'm doing regular long drives in the dark right now, and already have bad enough time seeing personally. My previous bulbs were absolute CRAP. Excited for tonight. (plus i get to see my girl again..) YAY
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

put it on a lift and had a mechanic friend go over it- right outer tie rod has no grease and is clunking, rear wheel bearings are on their way out, and the rust is way worse than the last time I looked at it, but the car is solid still.

which is good cos I hate working on it
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Leaned an Erebuni front bumper against it and put a pair of Erebuni side skirts on top of it. Makes a good shelf. BG to the right in the picture.

Comment

Replaced all the front control arm bushings with the ES poly ****. It actually made my left hand turn vibration infinitely worse. Judging by the play the passenger side axle has in the half shaft the bearing seems to be on it's last legs. Unsurprisingly enough I could not separate the two of them to save my life. Using everything from the proper slide hammer attachment to a blacksmith hammer. I guess it's good I couldn't as I'm sure one I pull the cv out the bearing will be completely gone and I hadn't ordered the replacement at that time. Going to torch them when I go at them next time. I'm sure I'll injure myself doing that as well.

$50 for the bearing and the two seals, not bad for Hawaii. Going to have to replace the CV that's only a year old as well and I doubt with the excessive abuse it's already inured getting it replace under warranty will be problematic. Hell they're only 50 bucks.

I do like the feel of the poly bushings though. Although setting up the proper torque on the rear nut was a pain in the ass. I think I'll either throw a jam nut on there as well or replace the factory nut with a nylock one. As the factory spring washers don't look to be the happiest doing their job.

Oh I figured out the size of the stud thread for my exhaust mani flange they're 7/16-14. I have no idea if it came factory this way or it was re-tapped at one point. If it was re-tapped whoever did it did a very good job.

Also my as it's been cooler here I haven't used my AC frequently and it looks like it's purging some of the neon dyed oil from the compressor. It's quite perplexing because I would expect it to leak when it's being used instead of it happening when it's not being cycled. I would venture I added to much oil when I did it.... last year or so. But one would think it would of leaked then.

I should just plan on replacing it next spring anyway. It's the OEM compressor, or a junkyard replaced OEM compressor, and 250k seems like an acceptable service life.

Oh and i punched a tiny hole in my trunk getting the jack out the other day. The rust in that alcove has gotten very bad, very quickly. I'll probably need to cut it out quite soon and try my hand at welding for the first time in half a decade.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

factory thread was m10 x 1.5 never was any american thread used on the exhaust manifold.
                the halfshaft bearing is easy to replace. altho a press is needed. & 95% of the time the seals do not need replacing. the bearing also has seals of its own
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Bought new wheels for it.

Anyone interested in some graphite 15x7 +40 Konig Rewinds?
                  sigpic

Comment

No, but i need some 17x10s.

Comment

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d159019648 will these fit my bg?

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Bo, Open that link in google chrome, it will transalte it into english. Maybe it will say the bolt pattern
                        323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Aren't you five-lug now?
                          sigpic

Comment

Lol i was thinking that but it's Bo, he might have another BG that's 4 lug.
                            323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

I mean, they're listed for an NB so they're probably 4x100, but they're 14x10.5J so probably not... Either way they're ugly lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Says 4x100
                                12 cbr250r: daily ride
                                01 saab 9-3: daily
                                98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                                93L: money pit/ space waster
                                92GL: low and slow beater
                                90?: the rust free shell
                                89LX: swapping to rust free shell