Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been building an over engineered fog-light harness trying to make it as OEM as possible. Today I pulled the engine bay fuse box to try to use the empty spot in-between the btn and cooling fan fuse.
    The power wire is already ran to it so it only needs a terminal connecting to the spade that's already there. Unfortunately it was much larger than any of the spade terminals I had. So I buttend everything up and took a 40min drive to home-depot because it was rush hour and I will have a lot of time to kill tomorrow with my car so I wanted to be able to finish this part.

Their largest spade terminal was smaller than the one I had.

Going to have to hit up the junkyard and snatch one from a miata harness.

Doing things the right way sucks.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

shame your not closer i have a box of old harness parts. & even more in the garage
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

By golly, the homebrew manifold and BW turbo are *bolted to the cylinder head* and feedlines are hopefully getting coneected today, on the driveway blocker car. Maybe someday it'll be a movable object.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

where are the pictures jay???
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
            "laughably hard compared to any tire we'd contemplate getting on track with"

Exactly as I described them, directly from the article. They're not "bad" tires, but I simply didn't like the way they drove.
            Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

Aw, one o these days I'l have time to poast pix...
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I replaced the door clips on the driver side with the ones from the Mazda3.

It got rid of 90% of the door rattle. They're a much beefier design so I'll probably replace all the door clips eventually.

Also

to

thanks to Ryan.

Also got a fusebox spade from a miata, it's like 30cm for a 12-14 gauge wire, it's odd. Now I only have to do wire lengths for two relay to chassis wires and I'll be done with the fog-light harness. Looking for the fogs I'm fond of and the price of them has gone up quite a bit. Thanks Obama.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

interesting find on the mazda 3 clips! how much are they per pack/piece?

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                    interesting find on the mazda 3 clips! how much are they per pack/piece?
                    They were free at the junkyard. I just got a doors worth to see if they would fit proper.

Today was an old car day.

This afternoon after work I went out to find the steering wheel creaking like an old door. I should of greased the hell out of everything when I was putting on the miata wheel as I wipped everything down really well due to trimming metal/plastic. The turn canceler/spring was the culprit of this event.

After taking the car for a spin to make sure I got the wheel on perfect I was stuck in traffic and my car overheated. Well it only got to the 3/4 temp mark before it started billowing out smoke. Being Hawaii everyone gets out of your way when your car is smoking and as soon as I started moving the car went right back to it's happy place of 2/5 on the gauge.

The coolant temp switch plug had separated from the wiring. I've had not good luck with that entire assembly.

I also managed to blow the plastic plug on the where the second temp sensor goes on the ATX radiator. I didn't even notice this at first until refilling the radiator and noticed it was leaking. I suppose that was the weakest link in my current cooling system. I think if I can find another plastic plug I'll buy it because I'd rather that blow than one of the lines hidden under the intake manifold or the lower radiator hose. Also for reference it's a M14 thread pitch. I spent like $10 on big ass bolts today to figure that out.

I need to cut the bolt I purchased down about half an inch or so because it's too long to sit flush in the rad as it is now. It did hold some pressure in it's currently half assed installation though. I need to clean up some more plastic out of the threads as well.

Doing a compression test sometime this week just to make sure the engine is happy. Car seems to run just fine save for low revvving but that's due to moisture in the disty cap. Mad worse by me hosing the bay down.

Also I lost my second or third reservoir cap in all the failures. I had just gotten that one too.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

****ty fan switch design has always been ****ty :/ glad you didn't cause any further damage

Comment

Here was the visible damage. Unfortuantly i wasn't able to unscrew the remaining plasitc so I had to cut most of it out. Did a decent job to not **** the debris into the radiator

I'm going to need to trim this a good bit.

Don't mind the coolant, I had just popped the rad cover to see if it the system was holding pressure. Clearly it was.

I've got an alligator clip as the current stopgap for the rad fan switch. I'm debating soldering the wire to the connector and then filling the thing in with epoxy/resin.
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                          [/URL]

Where's the turbo?
                          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                          |.....Overnight....................| ||
                          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

vj and accessories are sitting in the trunk of the 240 in storage.

I wasn't going to ship a leaky 16 year old turbo car to be my only car on an island where I wouldn't have time or tools to fix things.
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

swapped over to snow tires temporarily. stock wheels and coils are an awful combination, some ****ing peasant ****.

ended up ignoring everyone's tire recommendations entirely because the inside shoulder on each front tire was down to the wear bars so these are now drift spares for the 240 and I needed four (cheap) tires. whoops.
                              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

kitty you need an aluminum radiator.
                                /rant

Comment

Working...
                                X