Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canadians are always welcome . and i dont know about other states, but in oregon and washington, rhd is completely legal

NW MAZDAS

Comment

totally legal here in IL. i have a friend with a RHD rx7 turbo he daily drives even in the winter.
      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
      What are you driving?

Comment

It's not the legality, it's the hassle at the border.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Warning: off topic

My parents and I took a day trip to Montreal once. It was Sunday and nothing was opened, we didn't know that. The Canadian border guard was a pain to get through. "What are you doing here? Do you know anyone? What are your plans?" etc, etc. The U.S. guard was much easier. "Did oh have a good time?... Okay."

No wonder we have so many illegal aliens

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
            It's not the legality, it's the hassle at the border.
            there isnt one. my cousin just bought a 1972 BMW 2002 TII from canada, and trailered it home here to IL. scott's even seen the car and knows the story. he just had to claim it when he crossed the border.

:edit:
            ****, here's a photo taken when he was still in canada with the car on the trailer ready to head home. all he had to show them was the title, and they let him go. he expected more hassle from what he was told. and said it wasnt anything at all.

Last edited by monoxidechild; 01-29-2012, 11:09 AM.
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

Just because that got through doesn't mean there's no hassle. Read any of the Ontario RHD forums, no one in anything that would be illegal to sell in the states is getting through. There is a chance you could get through, but no one has in a while. Best case, they turn you around at the border, worst case, they seize your vehicle, or tear it apart, leaving the interior on the pavement with the seats cut after they finish joy riding in it while you're detained for questioning.

I've looked into it man. Seems to be happening to everyone.
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

it must be where you cross the border at. cause obviously it can be done without any work if your lucky like my cousin. i know he came down by niagra falls cause he has a pic of the car and his jeep with the falls in the back ground also from that trip.
                ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                What are you driving?

Comment

i believe it has something to do with that 25 year rule.. a 72 can legally be bought and registered anywhere in the us.. since its over 25 years old.. atleasts thats the way i understand it..

but at the same time if you have a passport you should be able to drive your car into the states without out a problem.. you should be able to call someone to find out for sure

Comment

Well, I think it's time to get this thread back on track. So, are we really going to go through the effort of organizing one meet? Or, should we try to break this thing up. One might think it might be twice the work to organize two, but on the other hand, it might increase the odds of success merely by increasing the motivation of going on the part of more members due to the closer proximity of two big regional meets. Even if one is unsuccessful in getting "off the ground" perhaps the other one might shine, therefore allowing for a good experince for at least half of the country. Just a thought.

We might find that in attempting to organize two, one might have a much easier time finding a venue wherein we might abandon the other meet because of how tempting the first might be in location, cost, local events, support from businesses and so on.

Neither will work if all we do is talk about it, but we must still at least start with talk. So, start talking..... what are your thoughts?

Comment

Okay.... since nobody seems to have any ideas right now..... How about this? I noticed on teh calendar at the Laguna Seca website that they are hosting the Rolex Monterey/Motorsports Reunion from Friday, August 17 through Sunday, August 19. It's a great venue and a cool event. Perhaps this could be a starting place for at least the Western Regional 2012 meet? Just sayin'........

Comment

I'd love to go to Laguna Seca someday. Unfortunately its too far for me and I probably won't make it to a meet anyway. But I agree, it would be easier to organize regional meets instead of one big one.

Comment

Thats a good idea........ Heres this years situation:

There will be 2 meets. broken down & managed/overseen by:

West/Central- Eric (Deadly_sleeper)
                          East/Central - Ryan (FE3-323)

During the meets the following are set in stone items/activities

Clubprotege.com T-shirts $10 (no limit)
                          Free Decals for every member that shows up
                          Raffle items @ each meet!!!
                          BBQ
                          Pre Planned Event Drive
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I like that idea!

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Yes!!!! Some members are actually out there.... alive!!! LOL. j/k

Okay.... so if there's going to be two meets, should we consider starting/having two different threads? I mean.... while it's good to stay informed about both, I think it may be less confusing if each had its own thread. Just throwing it out there.....

Comment

Yeah, we will start separate threads so then each side can start throwing out ideas and it won't clutter up the other one. Once Ryan and I have a few more things worked out, we will start them.

Everybody should start setting aside some time this summer! ;-)
                                Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                                X