Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone really wants to attend a big Central America meet they are welcome to come out to Lincoln, NE for the SCCA Solo Nationals in August. Lincoln is actually a pretty kick ass town since it's a big college town. The downtown/hay market area has some great dining and bars. There will be racing out at the air park for an entire week and there is no charge for spectators. You won't find any better entertainment though than what happens in the race paddock after hours.

Comment

nebraska isn't much for central. its more north- not ideal for many if any east coasters
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        nebraska isn't much for central. its more north- not ideal for many if any east coasters

Suck it up bitches...I have to tow my car out there and back. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
          If anyone really wants to attend a big Central America meet they are welcome to come out to Lincoln, NE for the SCCA Solo Nationals in August. Lincoln is actually a pretty kick ass town since it's a big college town. The downtown/hay market area has some great dining and bars. There will be racing out at the air park for an entire week and there is no charge for spectators. You won't find any better entertainment though than what happens in the race paddock after hours.
          Absolutely worth the trip! Some of the coolest cars and best drivers I've ever seen are at this event. Highly Recommend.
          Justin T. ~ SCCA FSP 1994 Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by DuRWooD View Post
            Just because that got through doesn't mean there's no hassle. Read any of the Ontario RHD forums, no one in anything that would be illegal to sell in the states is getting through. There is a chance you could get through, but no one has in a while. Best case, they turn you around at the border, worst case, they seize your vehicle, or tear it apart, leaving the interior on the pavement with the seats cut after they finish joy riding in it while you're detained for questioning.

I've looked into it man. Seems to be happening to everyone.
            I've made throught the border several time in the last 3 years with my rhd gtx, no problem at all!

I might go to this meet if you want to join me for the ride

Mazda Familia GTX AWD 1991
            Mazda Protege 5 2002 : The daily Drive
            Mazda 323 Bp 1994 : The project

Comment

I'd likely be in if it was safe. Maybe they just have a hate on for Skylines.
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

West side meet

Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

I'd likely be in if it was safe. Maybe they just have a hate on for Skylines.
                  It is safe, dont worry man!

Mazda Familia GTX AWD 1991
                  Mazda Protege 5 2002 : The daily Drive
                  Mazda 323 Bp 1994 : The project

Comment

I'd love to attend, although I fear very much crossing the border in a RHD. If it's less than 12 hours away, I might make it though.
                    iv seen plenty of rhd hondas rollin around, youl be fine

Comment

I'm so in for this, I am down to go back to middle America for it! Although I think it would be pretty cool to have it around where I am now. There is a beach about 2 hours south of here that you can camp on Edisto Island. Lots to do around Charleston and Myrtle. Also, Charlston has the largest number of Women for a unisex college ANYWHERE! It's like hottie freaking central down there.
                      1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                      Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                      R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

thats a pretty good idea nick. the carolinas have excellent weather. Also state parks typically offer cheap/easy camping/lodging nearby- vast parking as well & typically rent-able sections.
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Isn't the "Tail of the Dragon" or whatever in one of the Carolinas as well?

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                            Isn't the "Tail of the Dragon" or whatever in one of the Carolinas as well?

It's partly in NC, mostly in TN. Kind of in the middle of nowhere, but lot's of big meets happen there. Scenery is amazing.

Comment

Ah, didn't quite know exactly where it was, but I was close. I would love to drive there someday, seems like an amazing place to have some fun.

Comment

ha ha im down to camp in my wagon. toss an old mattress in the back. i just dont wana drive my sketchy pos motor more than like 8 hour drive nonstop lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X