• Show
Clear All

Good news is good.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

good thing "wedges" are common in AUS & cheap too.

its a shame the states didnt get them. ive always wanted one.
      whats on your mod plate btw??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The mod plate is for the engine conversion. Even though the motor fits perfectly, Mazda never released a BG Astina with a BPT, hence the need for the mod plate.

Comment

Originally posted by derb View Post
          The mod plate is for the engine conversion. Even though the motor fits perfectly, Mazda never released a BG Astina with a BPT, hence the need for the mod plate.
          meaan car dude currently in the middle of respraying my Astina, quite a mission to get the front end off haha
          FE3 POWA
          1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

At least yours comes off.

Comment

Finally completed my hybrid turbo! Cleaned out the oil in the compressor housing using an overnight soak in vinegar and distilled water and then a quick blast with the pressurised degreaser to clear anything my rags and toothbrush couldn't reach. Just used degreaser and a light rag on the actual compressor face and a toothbrush on the compressor wheel and fins.

Then spent this morning re-coupling the housings and core to line up the actuator arm with the waste gate flap. Then I reinstalled the oil drain and added the new coolant banjo bolts. I'll re-use the oil feed from the current vj20 setup on my motor.

Comment

the oil is commonly present. PCV factory system recirculated before the turbo inlet & worn rings are likely culprits.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Car is in a shop now getting fixed and repainted. Should be done by the 28th of March. I'm going to try and get everything I need for the turbo swap ready, so when it comes back I can slap that bad boy right on it.

Comment

Quick update. Spoke to Victory Motor Body Works and my car will be complete next week. They got some parts in, but apparently they were crap. So I'm glad they aren't just slapping the car back together. Can't wait to see my baby again.

Comment

Had a sick day today, so I went and visited the panel beaters. Bonnet, left headlight and left guard are straight and on the car but unpainted. Front bar was missing, which means its in prep or spray. Either way they said the right parts were in and it will be finished either tomorrow or Thursday. So I will get the upcoming 4 day weekend to muck around good and proper. Was good to touch her again, dusty as she is. Back on cloud 9 now.

Comment

pictars??

Comment

Didn't get any. My phone has a massive 1.3 megapixel camera and I forgot to bring the real camera. I think I'll be having a welcome home photo shoot though. Also bought some red fender washers in celebration.

Comment

She has finally come home! Super stoked right now. Just spent a little while checking everything and its 99% perfect. They left a ring clamp off the 90deg elbow that goes from my pod to my AFM. I don't have any spare but I'll get some ASAP so I can drive it hard. Apart from that, excellent work.

Something that surprised me was that they transferred my LEDs that are in the indicators and parkers from the damaged parts. They even painted the whole bonnet by the looks of it, no more stone chips anywhere except the driver's side popup light cover.

And the final "holy ****, really?!?" moment was when they said they couldn't replace the passenger side 'DOHC Turbo' badge as Mazda are sold out and not making more. So I was about to take that hit when he said he is getting one made up CUSTOM just for me so it's replaced. I mean, what panel beater do you know that will do that. I'm kind of stunned really.

Comment

sounds like they really went above and beyond! sounds like the crash was good for you!

NW MAZDAS

Comment

I have an old fender with the GT logo, the 25 yr anniversary logo and the DOHC 16 valve logo...I'm cutting those out before I scrap the car so I can have them remade in my choice of color...
                                91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
                                2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
                                Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
                                My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X