No announcement yet.

1993 Mazda 323 Astina GT-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ****ing love this car!!! Just went for a shakedown on the local mountain and its just glorious. Paint match is 100% spot on too.

Comment

Looks good!!
      91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
      2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
      Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
      My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

Jealous. I really wish we had gotten these here.
        '94 Protegé DX

Comment

Quick little upgrade. Supergrid Aero wipers to replace the horrible, rusty old ones. Sanded back and resprayed the wiper arms as well so everything looks nice and new. Please ignore the giant crack in my windscreen.

Comment

Been a bit slow lately due to budgets, but have done some work today.

Fluids checked, oil and coolant topped up.
            Both wiper reservoirs filled.
            Adjusted the position of the front wipers so they sat a little lower on the windscreen.
            Dropped my fuel pressure down from about 38psi to 32psi. My economy has dropped since I installed it and I can smell it overfueling sometimes.
            Dropped the rear end down another 15-20mm.
            Fixed wiper/indicator combo stick. Dash and tail lights now working.
            Glued a rattly bit of plastic back inside the cluster surround.

I've also got my ported vf10 cover in getting a 3" snout welded on. And my stainless 3" intake pipe is having the flange removed and a catch can return 8mm hose barb added to existing plumb back BOV port.

Comment

that intake will make heaps of a difference. Did ben help you at all with this??
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

No help from any Ben, I don't think so anyway. All I need for that is one 3" silicon joiner and the rest fits up. About 50% done on the piping going from the hybrid to the SMIC though. It's the little things that have been holding me up.

Comment

righto! get some pictures of the new intake system up ASAP im anxious to see
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I'll throw up some pics when the pieces come back in from fabrication. Should be next week some time.

Comment

Minor visual update to the engine bay while all the hybrid turbo gear is getting sorted out. JDM Sport fender washers to add even more useless bling to my engine bay!

Comment

i really like the VC color choice. its clean

Comment

Still waiting on the turbo intake parts to get modded. In the mean time I got bored and slapped a bunch of stickers on the rear windscreen. And I also picked up a brand new 22mm Whiteline front swaybar for a very good price. Still has the bushes in the sealed plastic bag, score!

Comment

I wanted to finish the interior of the boot with the rear strut top covers that have been missing since I bought it. Spent 6 months putting the boot area back together after the previous owner decided to perform 'weight reduction' from the rear seats back. But that's another story.

So I got my coilover damper extended adjusters [mouthful I know] from JustJap. Turns out the shortest ones, 110mm, were much too high and were fouling the rear seatbelt top mount point. So I hacked them down to about 40mm and, after several holes, got them poking up through the covers just right.

Comment

i like what you did there. looks clean but not only that its functional!

Comment

Did my own rust repair today. There were some nasty cancer spots under where the hatch pivots, so I ripped it off and got to work.

Full image galley http://imgur.com/a/Jbnin

Not exactly the best paint match in the world, but it's not a conspicuous place. And I think you'd agree, its better than rust and bare metal. I'm pretty stoked with how it came out actually. I'm used to doing my own mechanical work all the time, but paint and panel stuff I have only just started messing with.

Comment

Working...
                                X