Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

2012 Somernites Cruise in Somerset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Somernites Cruise in Somerset

Anyone on here ever make it down to this event? One of the largest car cruises in the world that goes on April thru October, every 4th Saturday.
    www.youtube.com/josephflynn007

Mazda Rides: 1992 DX Protege - GTX swap in the works. 1992 DX Protege R.I.P. 01/19/05 (first car)
    Non-Mazda Rides: 95 Z28 - 93 4efte Tercel - 97 4efte Tercel - 86 C10 - 79 Malibu - 03 IS300

Cool, I didn't know, I'll have to see this one. Thanks for the heads up. We need CP tee shirts so we can know who we are.

Oh I see your in Bronston, I was thinking the Somerset, Ky near Lake Cumberland.
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

That's the same place. Bronston is a community that runs alongside the lake between Somerset and Monticello. I live in the city of Somerset now, guess I need to change that on my location.

Mazda Rides: 1992 DX Protege - GTX swap in the works. 1992 DX Protege R.I.P. 01/19/05 (first car)
      Non-Mazda Rides: 95 Z28 - 93 4efte Tercel - 97 4efte Tercel - 86 C10 - 79 Malibu - 03 IS300

Comment

Very cool, I was thinking gotta be out of state since I knew nothing of it, and I'm originally from Russellville, but 27 years ago.

Very good Sir. I have another Ky Club Mate! I had to run when I posted or I would have looked up your profile to get a better Idea of your region. Thanks for the info.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

Tell us more about the Cruises, I've been to Somerset many times, but not seen this. What is to do and any additional events like cook offs or the like.
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

They have a car show of the mornings throughout the day. Cruise hwy 27 of the evening. Then at night London Dragway host Grudge Wars. No timers, heads up racing. Everything from bikes, cars, trucks, atv's, you name it and they race it.

Cruise itself has been going on since 2001 I believe.

Comment

My Dad and I have talked about bringing his '55 Chevy down for one of these. I'll post up here if we're going to.
              '94 Protegé DX

Comment

55 Chevy is a Bad ass ride!

Originally posted by Powar View Post
                My Dad and I have talked about bringing his '55 Chevy down for one of these. I'll post up here if we're going to.
                55 Chevy The Bel Air, my Grandparents had one of these. A beauty too! I usually don't care for yellow but that Caught Granddaddy's eye. He bought it on the transport truck, un-driven. Yellow back and bottom and white.

I spent many days riding in that car. It was a great one too. Am radio, clocks never worked. V8 w/powerglide.

We Kentucky boys need to have a meet!

David
                David
                sigpic Ky

Comment

Not much traffic in the Kentucky Forum....I'm also in Somerset, and attend the Somernite's Cruise pretty often...
                  Huck
                  2000 Protege LX
                  2013 Honda NC700X

Comment

Working...
                  X