OBD II Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD II Code

I now have the OBDII code from my car and im looking for some insight from you guys. THe code reader said the code was P1195. Somethin about Fuel air mixture? Anyone know what this code means and what i could do to fix it.

"SCP HBCC Chip Failed to Initialize" that's what it says on http://www.obdii.com/
    1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
    Plus new
    1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

the actual computer said something about fuel air mixture, the man suggested it was a mass airflow sensor. i dunno if that code on obdII.com is right or not.

Comment

I don't know either. Don't they have a book of code meanings or something
        1992 Mazda Protege LX w/Primer spots
        Plus new
        1991 Mazda Protege LX w/138,000mi

Comment

Make sure that the vacuum line that goes to the EGR/boost sensor is plugged in and not blocked with carbon
          98 protege lx 1.8l
          short ram intake custom
          crane hi-6 ign.
          14 miata alloy wheels
          .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

I just checked this code and I am assuming that you are talking about a Mazda code. The code states "EGR Boost Sensor Circuit". That is directly out of my OBDII Scanner with Mazda code database. I hope this helps you out.

BTW. My code Scanner is the Auterra Dyno-Scan Scanner. Also just for reference, there are Generic codes and Manufacturer codes, and this is aparently a Mazda Code if it is from your Mazda.
            2000 Protege ES
            2000 Volvo XC

Comment

And there's a TSB on the EGR...it's a POS. (enough acronyms for you?)
              No fix is available except to replace it with another EGR sensor that can potentially fail in the same fashion.

Comment

its not an EGR valve code that would be like P0402 ,P1195 is EGR boost sensor thats the MAP sensor . Its usually caused by a vacuum leak or blockage going to the boost sensor.
                98 protege lx 1.8l
                short ram intake custom
                crane hi-6 ign.
                14 miata alloy wheels
                .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

gonna check it out tonight, if i can find the place

Comment

Working...
                  X