Is there any hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any hope?

Bought a 323 protégé recently it seems to have a BP 1800 engine??? I think. How can I make this car go fast?

This is what the engine looks like

Welcome

Looks like the SOHC 1.8L, B8 (I think). The BP is a DOHC engine. As far as I know, the heads can be easily swapped. Other than that, I don't know what you can do with the SOHC.

Comment

swap head, add boost.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

The Sohc and Dohc are both considered to be bps. Most consider the Dohc to be the bp and the Sohc as a b8
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Sweet. So all I need is:-

1) DOHC Head

Or do I need more stuff?

BTW the engine number is BPXXXX

Thank You for help so far.

Comment

Sorry I should've been more specific. The Sohc is called the bp01 and the Dohc is the bp05.

For the head swap I believe you need the head, water pump, intake and exhaust manifolds. Of course plug wires. Now when you do the head swap you will have lower compression than a normal bp05. That's why people are telling you to boost it.
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Sweet!
              Do I need to change:-
              1) ECU
              2) Loom
              3) Pistons

?

Comment

Me personally is just go find a bp05. And drop it in. The wiring can be nodded. The correct ecu you'd need is bp09 or bp10. Either one will work. Is that a fwd or 4wd?
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Its a FWD. would u recommend putting in these pistons if I am able to get a BP05?

Comment

Originally posted by Krushh View Post
                    Its a FWD. would u recommend putting in these pistons if I am able to get a BP05?
                    I would just swap the entire engine if you can find one, its easier and faster.

Comment

Man I ave been searching all day for this engine.. I will have to put that upgrade on hold (sucks to be in ja) but more mods will be done! will post done mods!

Comment

Working...
                      X