kertap's daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kertap's daily driver

well i figured i should start a build thread to keep track of what i have done and will do ha-ha im also new to the site. don't have alot of pics as of right now but when i start adding more things to the car im goin to remember to take pics ha-ha.shes dirty weather has been weird

Click image for larger version

Name:	012112123106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	1268951Click image for larger version

Name:	012112123122.jpg
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	1268952

mods done to the car as of now

6 puck clutch

new axles

new timing belt,radiator,water pump

plug,wires,cap,rotor

98 injectors

shift light,digital tach(just looks like a shift light)

steering wheel

hid kit high and low(not installed yet)

has 178xxx miles on it

fixing to put the 1.8l calipers on the front so i can run my 1.8l drilled and slotted rotors will post pics of that install as soon as i get the money to buy the rotors
    Last edited by kertap; 05-26-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Looks like a relatively clean car to sort with. Is it a '95 or '96?

Comment

96 with the z5 haha has been a great car was the family car but got my wife a vehicle so now i can start building her

Comment

Another thing you can add is the rear sway bar. I think all '95s had one, but only the ES '96-'98s had a rear sway bar. Or, if you have the money, you can get either a 19mm or 21.5mm AWR rear sway bar. The stock one is quite tiny.

Comment

yea im looking to make it handle good cause i live a hour away from Yosemite and they have some nice curvy roads up there haha and i will look into that so the 96 dont have a rear sway bar at all? havent really looked for one now that i think of it haha

Comment

some interior pics for the dayClick image for larger version

Name:	052712104145.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1232674Click image for larger version

Name:	052712104203.jpg
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1232675Click image for larger version

Name:	052712104224.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1232676

Comment

The '96, '97 and '98 ES had a sway bar. The LX and DX didn't. All trim levels for '95 had a sway bar, though.

Comment

will the 96 ES bolt right up to mine?

Comment

Hey i got a quick question i just installed my hids and it randown flickers on the passenger side all conections are good and no cuts it mostly dors it random or wen i hit a hard bump any suggestions this is the second kit i have put in thinking it was tje kit this last kit i bought was 70 bucks and the first one was 30

Comment

It should, yes. I think the '95/'96 mounted differently than the '97/'98 bar, but the bar itself is the same. I'd have to look at my Haynes manual again to make sure.

As for the HID cutting out, are your grounds good? My passenger light flickers when it gets wet sometimes because the ground is pretty exposed.

Comment

yea well i think i grounded it to the motor and now it only does it at high rpm like around 5800 but that mite be cause its grounded to the motor

Comment

i just went and looked at it and the connection to the ballast is a little loose how would i tight that up?its in all the way

Comment

You might be able to tape it up to the ballast so that it doesn't move. Lots of tape, probably.

Comment

Ok yea ill try that.my second gear just went out so now im looking for a manual tranny would nice to go g series any way i can
                              do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X