No announcement yet.

kertap's daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, '95 ES should have a G-series. Everything rose was F-series. The '94-'97 Kia Sephia with the 1.8L (BP) used a Mazda G-series and it's a little bit beefier. If you go with the Kia transmission, you'll also need the axles since the diff has 28 splines instead of 26 splines for the Mazda transmissions.

Comment

but if i got with the 95 g series do i have to change the axles too?

Comment

No, the '95 ES transmission should work fine with your axles since they're both Mazda.

Comment

ok sweet sorry for all the questions

Comment

No problem. That's what the forum is for.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	060312005222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1232800Click image for larger version

Name:	060312005207.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1232801

Comment

just some pics of the hids

Comment

They look nice and bright. 5000K?

Comment

Yea i have a set of 6000k but they were alittle too blue so i went with a 5000k ones and i like them but there not as bright as i thought they would be.but i also have really crappy housing that are yellow.going to get new housing

Comment

I used to have 8000K, not that's blue, haha. Have you tried rubbing compound or fine grit sandpaper on the lights to clear them up? There's a 3M kit you can get almost anywhere for about $20 that works wonders.

Comment

would that be better then getting new ones?

Comment

will 98 light housing work or no

Comment

It would be cheaper than getting new ones. Post a pic of the lenses in the daytime with the lights off so we can see how clouded they are.

And no, '97 and '98 lights won't work unless you swap the headlights, turn signals, fenders and maybe grille.

Comment

o ok haha well here is the headlight it looks more yellow in person then in picClick image for larger version

Name:	103_0185.jpg
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	1232818

Comment

They are pretty clouded, but still looks repairable. There's a kit made by 3M that includes 500 and 800 grit sanding discs, 3000 grit wet-sanding disc and a buffing disc with rubbing compound. My original headlights looked like yours, but after using the 3M Headlights Restoration kit, they looked brand new.

Edit: This is what you're looking for:

You can find it at Walmart, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. for around $20.

And here's a video of how it works and what to do:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t1RBw0IGXA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
                                Last edited by irishkev90; 06-14-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X