No announcement yet.

kertap's daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks man im going to try this kit and if all eles fails i get new housings haha

Comment

Go for it. Let us know how they turn out. And just remember to be patient and not rush anything. The more time and effort you put into it, the better the outcome will be.

Comment

yea thats always a good way to go by this next check i will be putting the 1.8 front brake setup on will post pics when i start it

Comment

is this a bad blower motor?and if so are they hard to change?

Comment

Never heard one make that sound before. Mine had one of those helicopter seed things stuck in it that made a noise similar to that, but not nearly as loud. It's fairly simple to take apart. Three screws hold it in place, but the one closest to the firewall can be a pain with the way the floor is angled. I'd take it out and clean anything out of the fins. If there's nothing there, try running it with it out of the blower housing and see if it still makes that noise. If not, there might be something in the housing that it's hitting. If it does make the noise, the motor might have gone bad.

Again, I don't know what a bad motor sounds like, but I figure the above procedure should help narrow it down at least.

Comment

Mine didn't sound like that, but yeah, not a difficult thing to swap.

Comment

it's the blower wheel free-wheeling in there . you can hear it when it slows down . dryers can make the same noise ( ask me how i know ) metal shaft + plastic wheel .. something's gonna give eventually

Comment

ok yea i try that thanks guys

Comment

just a quick update got the blower motor all fixed up it ended up being that none of the bolts were tight ahaha the guy before must of replaced it because it looks new it was also dirty as shat heres a picClick image for larger version

Name:	071412112537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1233052

Comment

Glad it was a simple fix.

Comment

yea but its starting to do it but not as loud and only on 3 so i think im just going to replace it

Comment

well i got some pic updates had to replace valve cover gasket the other day so i took pics of that process and decide to throw one in of the rotors im going to put on some day haha anyways tell me what you guys think

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0191.jpg
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	1233153Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0192.jpg
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	1233154Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0198.jpg
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	1233155Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0199.jpg
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	1233156Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0203.jpg
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	1233157Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0196.jpg
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	1233158Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0207.jpg
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	1233159

Comment

does the cams look right never seen them brown like that well not that brown atleast
                              Last edited by kertap; 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kertap View Post
                                does the cams look right never seen them brown like that well not that brown atleast
                                Yours look great compared to mine. Hop over to my thread to see some serious sludge. Unfortunately, not everyone cares about their cars as much as we do, and they don't check/change their oil regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X