Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new tires haha

Comment

Did you just swap calipers and rotors? Or did you swap the knuckle too? Or were the rotors just oversized? Haha, sorry, just a bit confused on why you had to shave the calipers a bit.

Comment

kept the knucles and idk if the rotors are oversize or oem size for the 1.8 haha and yea i am just swapin the rotors and calipers

Comment

Okay, that's what I thought. The rotors for the ES are slightly larger than the DX and LX. The DX/LX knuckles don't put the caliper out far enough to clear the rotor which is why you had to shave the calipers. I'm sure you'll be fine as long as there's enough clearance, though.

Comment

ooo haha makes sense haha yea i think ill be fine then when i rebuild the front end i swap knucles

Comment

Where mite i find these es knuckles?

Comment

Will the 98 trailing arms fit my 96?cus they make adjustable ones for the 98 but not the 96

Comment

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. You might be able to find an ES in a junkyard and either pull the knuckles off yourself, or have the yard do it. you could also post in the "Wanted to buy/trade" section and see if anyone here could help you out.

As for the trailing arms, this is what I could find within five minutes of searching:
                  [B][B]Link, Trailing
                  1.5L Eng__95-96 R BC1D-28-200
                  ______________L BC1D-28-250
                  _________97-98 R/L BC5A-28-200A
                  1.8L Eng__95-96 R BC1F-28-200
                  ______________L BC1F-28-250
                  _________97-98 R/L BC5B-28-200A

I can't find any information on length or anything, though. I don't know why they wouldn't be interchangeable, though. Maybe take a measurement from bolt center to bolt center on your '96 and I can get one from my '98 hopefully sometime next week and we can compare. Measure both left and right since the part numbers are different for those on '95/'96, I'll measure both of mine also, even though the number is the same for both on '97/'98. Maybe someone with an ES can measure theirs as well to see what the difference is between the 1.5L- and 1.8L-engined cars.
                  Last edited by irishkev90; 09-21-2012, 07:30 AM.

Comment

sorry guys have not been on in awhile just trying to get a new job and save up to finish the protege will try to keep you up to date nothing much on it right now tho

Comment

my lil protege has acquired very high idle no check engine light still get really good gas mileage has more power tho.any ideas what it can be??

Comment

Vacuum leak is probably the most likely.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

ok mite be a dumb question but i dont hear it leaking so how would i test for it?

Comment

If you can hear, it, that would be a pretty big leak. lol. You can visually go over it. Or use starting fluid to help find it while the cars is idling.
                            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                            What are you driving?

Comment

i got a vacuum leak tester from my dad today going to try it out tomaro also have a video of it idling will post tomaro if it doesnt fix it haha

Comment

Working...
                              X