gates racing timing belt and a blue V belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gates racing timing belt and a blue V belt

I was wondering if you guys knew the cheapest place to get a Gates Racing timing belt for the dohc 1.8, and if you guys have ever got a blue colored V belt for the alternator to match?

My car doesn't have power steering, or A/C, so I ran a piece of tape around the pulleys and came up with 34 1/2" -36 1/2" so a 35-36" belt should fit about right on the pulleys. They're all 1/2" wide pulleys, and I can't find any in the gates brand, I'm probably just not looking at the right distributor, which is where I hope you guys can help me.

If anything, the local TSC has Huskee brand V belts for mowers in 35" for 12$ I figure I could at least try. For that price I won't feel bad if it breaks on me.
    1993 Ford Festiva - Fiona/b6 swap
    1997 Ford Aspire - Peaspire/rescued restored and sold
    1994 Ford Aspire - Kiazord/BPG5MR Swap
    1999 Mazda 626 - exDD, sold
    1997 Ford Aspire - Babyspire, stock low miles&clean
    1994 Ford Aspire - Crustyspire, scrapped
    2003 Chrysler T&C - grocery getter

ive got a gates alt belt, but its black.

NW MAZDAS

Comment

I think 'gates racing' and 'gates' are two different companies, my local place has gates belts, but theyre listed as OE spec and black in color, the blue gates racing belts claim to be better made than OE.
      1993 Ford Festiva - Fiona/b6 swap
      1997 Ford Aspire - Peaspire/rescued restored and sold
      1994 Ford Aspire - Kiazord/BPG5MR Swap
      1999 Mazda 626 - exDD, sold
      1997 Ford Aspire - Babyspire, stock low miles&clean
      1994 Ford Aspire - Crustyspire, scrapped
      2003 Chrysler T&C - grocery getter

Comment

I blieve they're the same company. It's like dodge and the srt line. Same company just better.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
        X