Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Rally Race in upstate NY Sep 15-16 Volunteers needed for awesome adventure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rally Race in upstate NY Sep 15-16 Volunteers needed for awesome adventure!

Hope you can make it up to Harrisville, NY this year for some awesome rally action! I will be there racing my 2001 Protege.

We're just about two weeks away from Black River Stages on September 15-16 (Saturday & Sunday). So take a look at your calendar and see what's happening, then put a big red circle around 15th and 16th for Black River Stages!

Volunteering basically puts you right on the race course. Mostly it's just staffing a road closure, or you can give the racers the 3-2-1 countdown. It's all easy and pretty fun.

You can bounce into the volunteering system here with just a few clicks:

Remember that when you sign up, you can say when you'll be showing up, what you want to do, and who you would like to be stationed with. We will do our best to put you in a great spot!

We're just getting started with assigning volunteers, and still need folks in all positions! Come learn something new and grab a task you've never done before.

The entry field is coming along nicely, over 40 entries so far!

For some basic info on volunteering tasks, here's the link:

And thanks for being part of the passion and action of grassroots rally!

Last edited by sebastian2001; 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM.

BRS is a great event!! Bunch of cool folks back there. I've done Virtual Scorring for them since they started it.

+1 to getting more back east rally volunteers =)
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
      BRS is a great event!! Bunch of cool folks back there. I've done Virtual Scorring for them since they started it.

+1 to getting more back east rally volunteers =)
      And I forgot to mention - free food for volunteers and free party afterwards with free beer. :-)

Comment

free beer!? that's worth the trip! =)
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
        X