• Show
Clear All

MA Audio HK1997 1200w 1Ch Mono Amp

is this a good MONO sub amp?

650watt RMS @ 4ohms
    1200watt RMS @ 2ohms

Brand : MA audio
    Model: HK1997

if all you are going to say is that i should buy something else then DONT post anything plz, just answer the question: is this a good MONO sub amp?

thanx
    shaun
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

The box says 1200W MAX. I don think that's RMS. Besides, the amp doesn't look big enough to be so powerfull. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I never heard anything great about Memphis Audio. It is probably lower end stuff. If you want a good mono channel amp that is 600 RMS, I have a JBL BP600.1 that I love. They are under $300 and are great amps. They push my 2 EDesign 12s (@1ohm) easily. It puts out 600 watts rms at both 2ohm and 1ohm, so in your case, it would be putting out the same power as mine.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

from ma audios web site:
        1 x 600W RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono
        1 x 1200W RMS @ 2 Ohm Mono

Dimensions (H x W x L): 2.7” x 12.4”x 11.81”
        just search for: HK-1997
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
          from ma audios web site:
          1 x 600W RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono
          1 x 1200W RMS @ 2 Ohm Mono

Dimensions (H x W x L): 2.7” x 12.4”x 11.81”
          just search for: HK-1997

first off, MA audio's ratings are a bit inflated. to get the rated power i've heard they need at least 17 volts of input. i was looking into the what i thought would be a sweet 4,400 watt amp, but after talking with some competitors who tested it out, they said at 13 volts it puts out about half the rated power i'd rather save up for an amp that i know puts out the power

secondly, check out the owners manual. RMS power at 2 ohms is a claimed 1000 watts.

personally i'd go with the JBL BP600.1 that misterT recomended. a guy on carsound bench tested it at over 1000 watts. not bad for a claimed 600 watts.

MisterT, MA is not memphis audio. MA is the sister company for Mobile Authority and Visonik. memphis audio is now some great stuff

Comment

Memphis Audio = Fultron? At one point? This is years ago in the mid to late 90's. Mobile Authority does suck ass. For some reason, I was thinking Memphis.

Groundkit

Comment

me too for a while.. weren't there marc anthony cheater amps or something people would use in competition.. rated power was dirt loads lower than their actual output? as mentioned, MA audio is a flea market brand amplifier. but question for ya blue, what about lanzar vibrant series amps?
              peace

Comment

^^ Hihoslva (spelling?) has or at least had some Lanzar amps in his system and said that they do pretty good especially for the money.

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                  Memphis Audio = Fultron? At one point? This is years ago in the mid to late 90's. Mobile Authority does suck ass. For some reason, I was thinking Memphis.

i dunno about now, but yeah, memphis had connections with fultron. i dunno much about memphis, though, except that they hold a lot of records

demoninvictus, i've seen mixed reviews. they put out the rated power, so for the price they are great. the first few runs of the class D's had some issues, but supposedly they've fixed all them. basically they had a problem with reliablility.

Comment

i wouldn't trust a company that boasts more than they can actually push.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                    RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                      i wouldn't trust a company that boasts more than they can actually push.

thank god for CEA2006 ratings

Comment

Toys with Noise did extremelly well for several years on Memphis amps. The Marc Anthony line was an assoiciated product. It was well known for being a very hot amp, like 150% of the rated numbers. I still have a few of both in my shop, left overs from prior days. I still install them in setups for friends.
                        Good stuff, it did very well in the DB Drag circles.
                        David A. Cameron
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
                        stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
                        2004 Cooperworks Mini
                        2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
                        Sine Pari

Comment

Working...
                        X