Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Ali from Holland

Hi guys,

Altough I'm reading lots of stuff here, I'm not posting regulary. I decided to break with that, I already made a short introduction but I'd like to show my car as well!

My name is Alwin Bakker, I'm from Holland and I'm 24 years old, at the moment. I drive a Mazda 323F BA 1.5 for over 4 years, but that time is split up in two cars because the first one died unfortunately, in Norway just over the Arctic Circle. It didn't took long for me to buy a new one..

In that past 4 years I've seen almost whole mainland of Europa..from the most northern part of Norway to Istanbul in Turkey. A lot of miles and a lot of country's, but I've never been in England (with my car).. (Shame on me!)

The car itself isn't very spectacular, it's 1500cc with almost 320.000 kilometers, that's about 200.000 miles. Later on, more about the options.

My first car (in Norway), before the crash..:

And after the crash..:

We we're hit by a Norwegian, he was probably drunk.. We travelled on with a rental car from the company 'Rent a Wreck' and after 11 months I got my money from the insurance company. Book closed.

About 2 weeks after the crash, back home in Holland, I bought myself a new car.

Second car, without options..:

The first night I owned the car, I stripped down the whole car and fitted my options from my old one onto my new one. Lowering springs, 17" rims, lether interior, electric roof window, sound system, exhaust, cold air intake, electric windows, electric mirrors and so on.

Second car, with options..:

Except from modifying the cars specs I'd love to drive and travel a lot together with my car!

In the next posts some more info and updates! :D
    Last edited by Mr. Ali; 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM.

And some mods.

CAI:

Gastank switch:

For more space in the trunk!

New exhaust, stainless steal:

On these pictures also the towing hook, I fitted just afther I bought the car and the roof window which I fitted into the roof. The car also has xenon lights, but without pictures of that!

Comment

And the last post with updates for today, this weekend I rebuild my 'new' engine. About a year ago I bought a 1800 engine, totally disassembled and the cyilinders were allready honed. The engine also came with a complete rebuild kit, so with that it was almost a brand new engine. The only thing it needed was reassembling, that was the job for this weekend, together with my mate Chris!

The part was to build a GT engine, with the rebuild cylinder block and a rebuild GT cylinder head, together with al the other GT parts. For that I bought a donor GT engine, for boults, nuts and some hardware.

Lots of parts together:

The cylinder blocks, in front the rebuild one, the other one is a donor engine.

The cylinder heads, the front one is the one we rebuilded, the two behind are two donor heads. The guy in the picture isn't me, thats my mate Chris!

Unfortunately, the rebuild kit came with wrong piston rings, these were B6 rings and no BP rings. Therefore I drove 300 miles for new ones, bad luck. But happy with the new ones.

Installing the pistons.

(Thats me in the picture.)

After we assembled the whole cylinder block together, we rebuilded the cylinder head. Mainly cleaning and new valve seals, apart from the other seals we switched.

[img]
      http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/popeye1980/IMAG1334.jpg[/img]

Afther we finished with the cylinder head, they were fitted together (of course).

Atm, everything is ready to install the engine in the car, except from the wiring loom. In another project, the BA with GTX engine from Chris, we changed the original wiring loom for the BA because it's a first generation engine, in a second generation car. But, Chris's car is (as we call it) a pre facelift, and mine is a post facelift. That means that our wiring loom isn't the same, and I have to do the whole wiring jigsaw again, for my engine. After that we know if we did a good job or not..

Comment

Great build and welcome

Looking forward to more updates.

Comment

Welcome to CP.

Very nice car, interesting story and travelogue. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your car and your adventures.

Happy Motoring!
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
          X