tired of chasing my problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tired of chasing my problem

just picked up a 00 with 171k on it. it's the 1.6 auto. it's throwing a cel of p0106. map sensor or large vacuum leak. replaced the map and put new vacuum line on it. the accordian part of the intake was shot so i cut it out and put a piece of conduit and hose clamps to seal it. it's still throwing the code. then chased all vacuum lines with ether. if there's a cracked line, the engine speed will jump up. nothing happened. so what could be wrong?

The ether check isn't foolproof. Make a fitting that replaces the filter that lets you pressurise the intake tract. Look for the hiss.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I thought I heard somewhere the intake manifold is a prone problem. Might want to grab a new one and check that out.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

P0106 Baro Circuit Performance Problem
        According to the FSM, possible causes are as follows:
        1. EGR boost sensor malfunction or substandard performance
        2. EGR boost sensor solenoid malfunction
        3. Loose, damaged, misconnected, clogged or frozen moisture in vacuum hose from EGR boost sensor solenoid to EGR boost sensor
        4. Loose, damaged, misconnected, clogged or frozenmoisture in vacuum hose from EGR boost sensor solenoid to EGR valve
        5. PCM malfunction

Happy Motoring!
        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
          I thought I heard somewhere the intake manifold is a prone problem. Might want to grab a new one and check that out.
          Yes, the intake manifold gasket can be a problem, but the car will throw a P0171 code.

Comment

Working...
          X