Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clement_ghost --- Never stop the progress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see the new setup.
    ¡Agarra Calle!

Comment

Still got a lot of work to do in the engine bay... but it's gonna be clean as f*ck when I'll finish the engine bay paint, shaving and wire tucking.

Can't wait to put all these back in the engine bay!

Comment

Sweet build and entertaining write up CG. I luv your attention to the finer details of the mods you've done to your car.

Comment

Just saw that the last pictures don't seem to work!?!? ^^

Here's some new stuff:

Engine bay primed... still got work to do

Received a few fittings and hoses AN-4, AN-6, AN-8, AN-10... an AN-16 not on the pic for the radiator hoses.

Found written on Mazda forums that this could help my Type-F tranny's diff not to break... welding the pin to the housing. This one is my old one, it was a test. The weld is much better on the new diff.

So this way I could reassemble the tranny. It was cleaned inside-out, input/output and shift rod seals replaced, 5th gear replaced because the old one has the synchro that showed wear, breather oversized with a filter that will fit with the turbo inlet, painted (even the bolt heads)... well it's better than new!

Engine is not assembled but is cleaned, inspected, painted and ready to reassemble. (will look better with the yellow timing belt covers)

Also desassembled, cleaned, inspected, painted and reassembled the P/S pump and alternator (sorry no pics of P/S pump, but it's yellow)

Comment

Just got my AN-16 fittings welded on Mr. Ron Davis radiator.

And the engine bay is now ready!

Comment

where are the radiator pics??? and the bay is looking good. is that a primer base? or is that the final coat?
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The engine bay is final, but it looks brighter on picture... in real it's darker a little bit more. Some people don't like it but the goal I had by doing this is to have a neutral background to put the focus on the engine. I first thought painting it black but the this is that with black it always looks dusty. So by having a dusty grey paint (Cummins grey engine paint) the bay is always gonna look clean.

Today I cleaned the rad and made a quick polish... there it goes!

Comment

Put some time on the car this week-end...

Put back brake master cylinder and clutch master cylinder with SS line between 'em!

Bolted brake prop valve on firewall with SS screws and put some loom on brake lines

Then I put back in the tranny with AWR mounts, Goodridge SS clutch line...

Comment

Perfection right here^

Great progress so far. Wish I had the resources to do something similar with mine.

Comment

A few step further...

Comment

my sweet lord that is sexy!
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Holy ****! That is awesome!

Comment

Love the progress. I'm a big fan of that engine bay colour.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2
                            sigpic
                            1992 Familia GT-X
                            1988 323 GTX
                            2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

damn this thread is A+ btw I am curios to know from where did you attached the intercooler?
                              Engine
                              Trans
                              Power

Comment

Had a few steps done last week. Started to figure out a way to setup my custom power steering tank and hoses.

Turbo oil drain line done!

Coilovers back in place;

Comment

Working...
                                X