Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I traced a misfire in the VW to the cyl2 plug, turns out it was fouled with oil. Now it's running on an almost unused plug that was pulld from another car during troubleshooting (same code, except the replacement is an NGK R).
    '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
    '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
    '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
    '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
      Ben I am baffled by and applaud your car-purchasing decisions.
      Fun fact.

3 months after you posted this, i flew to California to buy this. (And stopped at the Salt Flats on the way home)

_IGP9486 by concealer404, on Flickr

_IGP9472 by concealer404, on Flickr

_IGP9464 by concealer404, on Flickr

Comment

Those pics are dope.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!

I mess around with cameras. I'm pretty bad but i figure i can save one out of 20 snaps.

_IGP9466 by concealer404, on Flickr

_IGP9470 by concealer404, on Flickr

_IGP9461 by concealer404, on Flickr

_IGP9451 by concealer404, on Flickr

Comment

that thing is ****ing great, A+
            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Found out a year later that the wheels turned out to be legit 2 piece Enkei EK32s haha. 15x8.5 -19 offset. WOO!

Also: Bought a Miata in Mississippi on Friday. Gotta retrieve at some point in the coming weeks.

Comment

Now that's the activity level that I'd like to see!

I haven't done much to the VW recently, but hopefully that'll change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
                  Found out a year later that the wheels turned out to be legit 2 piece Enkei EK32s haha. 15x8.5 -19 offset. WOO!

Also: Bought a Miata in Mississippi on Friday. Gotta retrieve at some point in the coming weeks.
                  hahaha

there's a 94R on Craigslist here that keeps dropping in price and I want it very badly
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd love to get my hands on another E12 or E12/8 BMW. Too bad I don't have the cash on hand, and they're not easy to come by in a decent condition.

Comment

I had the VW in to get a massive dent on one door removed. It's not perfect, but considering the size I don't blame the shop. I don't have much to show how bad it was, but basically the entire door below the beading was pushed in.

Comment

changed the oil in the Honda, attempted (and failed) to gravity-bleed the clutch. got some dark/thick fluid in the hose and then nothing. I'll probably pick up a one-man bleeder or something tomorrow and give it another shot.

I can see why the Honda dorks all love QSUD though, going from the Motorcraft 5w20 semisyn to QSUD 5w30 full synthetic means it no longer sounds like a B-series with lazy HLAs.
                        sigpic

Comment

Replaced the air intake temp sensor. As they age they put out a less accurate signal but ecu will not throw a code til the thing shorts out. For 28 bucks and no sign in my paperwork that it has ever been changed, I figured what the hell. Well it put around 40 50 hp back in the corral. A dramatic enough change that I kindawanna go do another testntune.
                          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I replaced the shifter assembly rubber bushings with some alloy (?) ones that were supposed to fit.

they did not.

anyway I'm sure I will notice no improvement, just like everything else I have done with this goddamn Honda.
                            sigpic

Comment

I spent an hour on the phone trying to find someone to sell me two sheets of Alumalite. No luck.

Comment

I took the VW for a wash.

Later today I'm planning to start making stencils for a vinyl dash cover, but I'm not planning to take the dash out so it'll probably involve a bit of struggling.

Comment

Working...
                                X