Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what did you do to your non-Protege today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also mad lols at my manifold, those bends are the worst.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I went to MATG and only got my butt touched a couple times.

Comment

Replaced almost the whole front end of my buddies 06 Dodge! Upper, lower balljoints, inner, outer tie rods, hub assembly, sway bar links, pads, rotors and one caliper! It was a long day!

Comment

ordered the last of the parts I needed to finish the 240 (I hope, for my bank account's sake).

Parts Shop Max intake, Jegs battery relocation setup, RS Enthalpy ECU, and a bunch of push-loc fittings and hoses for the oil drain.

now I guess I actually have to work on the ****ing thing.
          sigpic

Comment

What coils and rear diff are you running on it atomic?
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
            Originally posted by HopelessCow
            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

FA500s (meh) and welded.

There's a dude in NH selling a Tomei 2-way for stupid cheap that I would be all over if I hadn't spent all this money on turbo parts.
              sigpic

Comment

Eh I'll be running megans so you've got me beat there.

Mine came with a welded diff but I swapped it out for trouble shooting the car in general. (it was $12 it still needs lots of trouble shooting.)
                Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I should have held out for PBMs but I couldn't pass up the FA500s for $600... They feel under-damped a bit, I'd read that they were softer than PBM/Stance which seemed good for a street car, but I'm not super thrilled with them.

I need to get the spare diffs welded and swap them around, this one clunks under light throttle and is super irritating.
                  sigpic

Comment

"fixed" my dad's AC control unit on his 1st generation Toyota highlander. by "fix" I mean the sloppy soldering job to connect 3 wires from the main PCB to the PCB connected to the switch. the AC would blow hot air when you wanted cold and none of the control knobs seemed to change it. this is a common issue with the Highlander and some reported Lexus RX's since they are essentially the same car. found the fix on youtube/various websites.

I just hope the soldering holds up long enough. the alternative would be a new control unit to the tune of $600-$700 from Toyota.

Comment

Stuff I ordered from Jegs showed up, so I started to mock up the oil return line. Using a 90 off the turbo means the line hits the motor mount bracket, so either I shave the bracket or drop the line straight down and tuck it underneath. Not sure of the best way to do this yet, but I went with push-loc **** and have more hose than I need so if I **** up I can just try again.
                      sigpic

Comment

replaced the rear struts on my scooter. anxious to see if that helps calm some of the vibrations at highway speeds
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1901415_10202622609267052_9145894023579302859_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1238802

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
                          sigpic

Comment

Good job on having a fuse box cover. What's ziptied on the drivers side?
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

fusebox. had to be moved so I could make the hole for the hotside pipe, that seemed like a decent place to get it out of the way
                              sigpic

Comment

I had originally planned on just trimming the back side of the bumper support to clear the FMIC and then decided that was too much effort and I didn't care.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X